1. It was VERY cold there! And since I'm living in Florida, I wore flipflops. So I was "forced" to go buy something warmer or risk frostbite.
I happen to think my poor planning paid off!
2. We went to dinner at Logan's as soon as I got there, because they have--as Stephanie puts it--"buttery rolls of goodness".
3. We went to a national bridal shop (is there more than one?) to buy a bolero-type jacket to go with Stephanie's wedding dress. The salesclerk, who apparently was not interested in making a sale that night, was less than helpful and we did not leave with a jacket. Not quite the wedding-planning experience I was hoping for.
4. Stephanie's fiancee was with us a great deal of the time, and I got to know him better.
5. I like Zack. And he's perfect for Stephanie.
6. On my last night there, Stephanie and I ate at McDonald's. Don't judge. It's our favorite fast food place, and we always go at least once when we're together.
7. At McDonald's, Stephanie often orders cheeseburgers without the cheese. She's high-maintenance like that. (Love you, Steph!)
8. I saw lots of old friends at church while I was there.
9. Most of our friends said hi, and then immediately asked if Terry was with me. (That would be Indiana Jones for you blogging friends.)
a teensy bit not the least jealous that Indiana is more popular than I am.
11. Logan's, McDonald's, Starbucks, Michaels, Charming Charlies, etc. We went to lots of fun places while I was there.
12. It's a little sad that most of our fun places have to do with food.
13. My last night there we went to Charming Charlie's (this was before McDonald's) and Stephanie found the jewelry she wants to wear on her wedding day. That was exactly the kind of wedding-planning experience I hoped for, and made up for the whole jacket non-incident.
14. We took lots of fun pictures of Stephanie in her wedding dress, shoes and jewelry. (But of course, not the jacket. Not that I'm bitter.) : )
15. We did not take all those pictures at Charming Charlies. We waited until we got home.
16. We may or may not have been way too giggly while we were taking those pictures.
17. The fact that it was the wee hours of the morning may or may not have been the reason we were so giggly.
18. I am not posting those pictures on the blog. Don't want Zack to accidentally see her in her wedding finery before the big day. (Sorry, Zack!)
19. The boys and Indiana did quite fine for themselves while I was gone. I laid in a supply of groceries before I left.
20. Those groceries may have had a lot of variety, but the guys still mostly ate frozen pizza.
21. The pizza was DiGorno's, so it's not like they were roughing it.
22. The house was not completely trashed when I got home.
23. I think there was a lot of last minute scrambling to get it cleaned up before I got home.
24. This little girl took her parents to see her other grandma a week before I left. They got back while I was gone, so I went almost two weeks without seeing her. That was way too long.
25. Stephanie planned on us putting together some of the bridal party bouquets while I was there.
26. I think she was including me in that just to be nice.
27. We both know I have no talent for that sort of thing, and she likes her bridesmaids too much to make them carry something I made.
28. We never got around to the bouquets.
29. I think that might have been on purpose.
30. I'm okay with that.