With baseball season in full swing, Joyce throws us the weekly Hodgepodge, which includes a few curve ball questions. So hey, batter, batter, batter, batter--swing!
Mostly water. A little bit of soap. Shampoo and conditioner.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion belearned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
Hello! I warned you there were a few curve balls, didn't I? This is a deep one, so here goes. There are times for compassion and there are times when you have to tell
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
With all the testosterone in this house, it's not a movie unless someone gets shot in the first five minutes.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
I can handle either one. What I don't agree with is a hot dog at the Ritz. That's just not appropriate.
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
Well perhaps we should do something with the HOA nazis that feel the need to have our city police sit in unmarked cars, watching for residents who don't make complete stops at stop signs. Like there isn't any crime going on anywhere else in the city?
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
I can't even keep flowers in my yard; how am I supposed to find them in a song?7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
And in case you weren't sure, this would be the other curve ball. The answer is no. No matter how much some might wish it were otherwise, we are the most intelligent created beings in the universe.
When I look at examples of our so-called intelligence, I find that kind of sad.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I tried to explain female mood swings to the boys this week. They weren't getting it until my nineteen year old interpreted: "It means keep the house clean this week, and don't tick Mom off."
Not quite what I was getting at, but I'll take it.