Wednesday, April 2, 2014

No Fooling with the Hodgepodge



1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can't answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?


I accidentally exploded some hotdogs I was cooking for our church fellowship. I don't want to talk about it.

2. What's the last biography or non-fiction book you've read? Was it any good?

The non-fiction book I'm reading now is the Bible. It's pretty good. I know the Author.

3. Garlic-friend or foe? What's your favorite dish made with garlic?

If I say that garlic is a foe, does that make me a vampire?


4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person...The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets?


I don't care about the festivals. I want to see spring in my own back yard.

5. How do you choose which blogs to read?  What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, 'eh, think I'll skip this one and move on to the next'?


We're supposed to read other blogs?!?!?


6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use math? 


I measured some material and some windows for curtains we were making in the Sunday School rooms. All the measurements ended up wrong which should not be surprising, considering I was combining arithmetic and home economics--areas where I have absolutely no ability at all.

And What did April do to deserve being named National Mathematics Education Month? Shouldn't that title be reserved for a more boring month ... like February or November?


7. In honor of the A-Z challenge kicking off on April 1...choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday.

Yesterday I was awakened way too early by texts from three of my children and a phone call from a fourth. Following that I did a full day of non-compensated work at the church office, and a realization that I did not have all of the paperwork I needed to complete a job with a rapidly approaching deadline. Then I went home and was halfway through cooking dinner when I discovered I didn't have important ingredients and I needed to run to the store. Then I endured a lame attempt from the guys in my family to pull an April Fool's prank on me. So a word to describe my day yesterday?


Average.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Joel's birthday is today. Sixteen years ago the doctor offered to induce, but I stayed pregnant for an extra day so Joel's birthday would not be April Fool's Day. The love of a mother.

He so owes me.

8 comments:

  1. Happy 16th Birthday to your boy...today is my hubby's birthday, too! How 'bout that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stayed pregnant for an extra day, when you didn't have to? Wow, now that's motherly love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I had to laugh about your exploding hotdog! I won't make you talk about it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 16th to your son...and exploding hotdogs sounds like quite a story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping by my blog today! I hope spring finds your backyard soon- I will give it some directions from down here in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely win the mommy of the year award.

    Loved your answers....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your answers always make me smile. You actually stayed pregnant an extra day! That was nice of you. lol Happy Birthday to your son and you should tell him he's got a really nice mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was happy to see you in the HP. Twice : ) No worries about the double link. It happens sometimes. So did the birthday boy make you dinner, because I'm pretty sure he should have. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails