1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
I've been to London twice, both times as a stopover on our way to Uganda. We were going to take our kids sightseeing the second time, but after flying all night, we checked into a hotel and slept most of our sight-seeing day away. We decided to at least take the 30 minute train ride from Heathrow to Victoria Station since the kids had never been on a train before. Then we walked around the streets near the station, pointing out doubledecker buses and other sights. The kids kept asking where Big Ben was, but we had no time to go that far. So when I spotted a clock tower nearby, I pointed it out and proclaimed it to be Big Ben. (Yes, I lied!) The kids were suitably impressed, and then we boarded the train and headed back to the airport.
Side note: I thought I had eventually confessed my wrong doing, but apparently not. I made mention of it recently, and both of my oldest children were shocked and disappointed since they'd been thinking all these years that they had seen Big Ben.
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
Life is an event, baby, and I'm going for the gold!
3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook?
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse'?
I'm not often in the doghouse, but I put others there frequently.
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it.
Most of the toilet paper commercials. I'm not interested in "having a frank talk about what happens in the bathroom" (Northern bath tissue), and I'm completely disgusted by the dancing cartoon bears singing about leaving pieces behind (Charmin). Where's Mr. Whipple when you need him?!?!
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
Do you mean the fact that I was born is not interesting enough?
7. What's the best part of your average day?
If I had a day that was average, that would be the best part of my day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My nails need filing. How's that for a random thought?