Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Go Long for the Hodgepodge!

I know, that's kind of a stupid football reference for a title, but it's early in the morning and it's all I can come up with. Quit complaining; you don't come here for the titles anyway, do you? Didn't think so. So take a gander through my answers, and after you leave a comment, click on the link to go see if everyone else's title is better than mine. You can even come back here and tell me how many are better, if you want to. I could use the blog traffic.


1.  ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?  The NFL is back in action along with all the college teams.  Are you a fan?  Who do you root for?  If you're not a fan what do you do while the rest of America watches Saturday, Sunday, Monday night, and now Thursday night games? 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is more than one question. Not that I'm being picky or anything. At any rate, I might watch for a few minutes, just to get that fall feeling. And I'll root for whoever has the better looking uniforms.

2. What's something I'll always find in your closet?
A bright red felt hat with purple feathers and a large brim. The hat is in a box, right next to the hat that looks like a chicken, complete with legs that hang down on each side of your head.

What? Doesn't everyone have hats like that?

3. Share one of your earliest memories.
I got lost in the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago when I was about six or seven. (I have memories earlier than that. I'm just not sharing them right now.) And it wasn't like I was wandering around the whole museum. I got lost in the gift shop.

4. What circus act best describes your week so far?
Let's see ... contortionist, trapeze, high wire, clowns ... we've got it all going on at our house. I can handle it as long as I get to be the ringmaster.

5. What's a food you disliked as a child but you love now?
You'd love if I listed some vegetable here, wouldn't you? That's probably what many people will be listing. 

Not me. Ha!

6.  Describe your summer in three words.
We had summer?

7.  Where were you on September 11, 2001? Will you do anything special to mark the day this year?
I was in Tororo, Uganda with our six children. My husband had just flown back to the States for some meetings with our mission board 12 hours before the attacks. He drove our vehicle to the airport, so I was stranded at our compound with no means of transportation, wondering when they would allow air travel again so he could get back to us. Guess the Indiana Jones roles were reversed that time, huh!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
September 11th has some good memories too. For instance, last year it was the day our daughter came home. I'll tell you that story tomorrow. You'll want to read it. It has a happy ending.

7 comments:

  1. That was a very nice childhood memory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the veggies... unless, you, uh, LIKED veggies as a kid and that's why it's not your answer.

    My parents had to force them down me as a kid. And I have to force them down myself as an adult (but honestly, I do this much less than I should!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I don't know you in real life but you strike me as a pretty equal match to Indiana : )

    I look forward to hearing your daughter's story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost in the gift shop! Well, that would be fun for me. Funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers, except you never really answered #5. haha

    Looking forward to tomorrow's story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you on needing to be the Ringmaster - one of my difficulties right now is my loss of control as i'm recovering from surgery! (And I love your hats!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm jealous that I don't have any hats in my closet! Fun answers, as always :)

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails