Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting Organized

I'm working this week on getting organized for the new year. I really like things organized and arranged in their place. I just can't seem to achieve that in my own personal life. I usually keep some sort of a calendar or planner in my purse. It gets used sometimes more than others. My last one was a two-year, so this is the first time since 2006 that I'm looking for a new one. I like the month-at-a-glance pages. If it's a weekly calendar, I'll turn the page and find something from the following week that throws me off. I need to see the whole month at a time. Plus, I have to organize my kids schedules in with mine, and then I have to coordinate everything with my husband's schedule. Since he's a spur of the moment guy sometimes, that's not always easy. Then, too, since he's a pastor, he can get a last minute call and suddenly everything's out the window. I don't mind too much, but I need my calendar so I can see just what went out the window. : )
I like organization in my house as well. I just don't always achieve it. I use shelving and baskets and the like to try and organize under sinks and in closets. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I suppose if I labeled everything, the others in the house might actually put things where they belong. Maybe I'll get a label maker this year.
But back to the pocket calendar. Do any of you use a calendar or planner or anything? How do you stay organized? If you use one, what features do you look for? What works for you and why? Help me get organized this year! My family will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails