Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things About Me

I was tagged by a fellow blogger and now I'm supposed to list 25 things about me that you don't know. I hate this kind of stuff. Oh, wait! Can that be the first thing? I should probably at least explain myself. I don't know that I have 25 things that people don't know about me. And I'm not real comfortable sharing personal things about myself--especially on the world wide web. Oh, I guess that could be the second thing, couldn't it! Maybe this will be easier than I thought. Okay, here goes.

3. I am very sarcastic. (But you all knew that, didn't you?)
4. When I'm stressed, my sarcasm goes into warp drive.
5. I hate most sci-fi stuff. I watched the first three Star Wars movies because I hated not knowing what everyone else was talking about. I've never seen the last three.
6. In spite of my #5, I am becoming hooked on Stargate SG-1. My kids are fans and we have several seasons on DVD. I can't seem to stop watching!
7. I have a problem with self-control. (#6 gave that away, didn't it?)
8. I am the third of six children. I have two older sisters and three younger brothers.
9. I believe very strongly that one of my greatest purposes in life is to raise my children to be all they can be for Jesus.
10. I believe my husband is a great man, and sometimes I'm amazed that he actually chose me to be his wife.
11. I do not like getting emotional in public. Mostly because I'm afraid I won't be able to control my tears and I will dissolve into a blithering idiot.
12. I actually did dissolve into a blithering idiot at my high school graduation. Which is why #11 is on this list!
13. I'm very afraid of not living up to my potential.
14. I'm not sure what my potential is.
15. I did not get the domestic gene, but sometimes I do a good job of pretending I have one.
16. I own a gun (more than one, actually) and I know how to use it.
17. I'm one of those weird people that actually likes speaking in public.
18. I have about five or six good offertories that I can play on the piano.
19. Our church pianist has been gone for two weeks. If she doesn't come back soon, I'm going to have to start repeating some of those offertories!
20. I am a suspense writer. Because of that I have contemplated many different ways to kill people.
21. I am a very poor judge of time. I never think something's going to take as long as it does.
22. I love almond joys, peanut M&M's and Snickers bars.
23. I absolutely love a cute pair of shoes. I put fashion over comfort when it comes to footwear.
24. I love being a pastor's wife.
25. I like bright colors.

Okay, there you have it. Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to. I guess I'll be as brave as Pilar was. If you've got some insights about me that you want to share (good or bad), feel free to leave a comment. but don't be surprised if I plot how to kill you off in my next book!

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny :)! I guess that would be my thing to say about you since you were kind enough to leave a comment on mine :) (you got to love comments :)). You look like a very serious person, but I am starting to see through the blog that you have to be super fun to be with. I love sarcastic sense of humor, after all it is the kind of humor I have.
    You are a great writter too. I am still amaze you can make a dentist story a great thing to read. You kept me wanting to hear more through that week, I hated the weekend to come because you didn't write the end of the story until monday :).

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails