Monday, October 5, 2009

Is It Monday Already?


I can't write much today because I'm desperately trying to finish up my proposal to send into the editor and agent that requested it. I've been working frantically every spare moment this weekend. Problem is, I didn't have too many spare moments. We had a church picnic/skeet shoot on Saturday. Actually, I think the shoot was planned first, and then they added the picnic. Probably because they figured they'd be hungry after shooting.

Anyway, we started with softball. The team players ranged in age from eight-year-olds to--well, adults that were beyond their glory days. They still had fun, and at one point it even became tackle softball. I planned hamburgers and hotdogs, coleslaw, chips and dip and brownies for our lunch. But my guys ate the chips and dip on Friday night. I forgot the coleslaw at home, so we just had hamburgers and hotdogs and brownies. That would have been fine except I forgot all the buns. Fortunately, someone else brought their buns, but forgot their meat so we arranged some trading.

After the picnic I had to practice with a friend for the duet we were supposed to sing on Sunday morning. Once again I'm vowing not to wait until the last minute any longer. We managed to find a song we could both sing, but for some reason I couldn't manage to play the piano and sing at the same time. We struggled through it, but it was not our best performance.

Saturday night I sat at the computer working on my proposal until I fell asleep. Sunday afternoon I had to delete what I'd done in my sleep and get something down that made sense. And now I'm going to finish it up before work this morning, or die trying.

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Jill, I am praying for you in this critical stage. Please keep us posted as things develop. Hearing about the stepping stones to publication is a great tool and motivator.

    God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your proposal!!! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails