Friday, March 19, 2010

I Have A Secret!

Well with a title like that you came running, didn't you? And is your mind scrambling frantically through the various secrets I might be hiding? Are you thinking ...

She committed a crime.
No.

She has another child somewhere.
Isn't six enough? 

She's murdered someone and buried them in the backyard.
Only in my writing.

She's pregnant.
ABSOLUTELY NO!

Let me say that again:  ABSOLUTELY NO!

Just want to make sure we're clear on that.

And by the way--NO!

So what's my secret? I'm a mystery shopper. I actually shop stores, restaurants, hotels, etc., to make sure they're meeting all requirements of their respective corporate offices. Tonight I mystery shopped a restaurant. Nothing like getting a free meal in exchange for observing a few details about the restaurant, food, servers, etc.

I do not wear a disguise.

My husband says this is the perfect job for me because it combines my two talents:  shopping and being critical.

He is no longer going with me when I mystery shop restaurants.

Anyway, since I'm so close with so many of you, I mean except for the whole never-met-you-in-real-life thing, I felt bad for keeping a secret.

So now you know.

And knowing is half the battle! (Can you name that action figure?)

Have a great weekend!





9 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! I remember signing up to do that but nothing ever came of it. Would like to look into that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very fun job!! Someone definitely needs to do it to keep the stores/restaurants on their toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fun! My daughter worked at Coach last summer and she told me about mystery shoppers. I'd never heard of that before.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to do that! How often do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of that before. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, Miss Sneaky-Sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny. I did that during my college years. It was a fun way to make extra money. So what have been your favorite place you've gotten to go or shop or critique???

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that would be a great job! Luckeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill, is that the disguise you wear when you mystery shop?
    :-)
    You are such a busy woman! Hope Florida is being good to you!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails