Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's a Hodgepodge Party!

Joyce, the inquiring mind that comes up with all these wonderful questions every week, celebrated a birthday yesterday. Please note, it's not about turning another year older; it's about celebrating the day! At any rate, make sure you click on the link below and wish her a happy birthday. After you've read my answers and commented here, of course. I mean, we wouldn't want to get too carried away, would we?


1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older? I'd say the best thing is that you're around to grow older. And the worst thing is that, well, you're growing older.

2.   Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season? The cooler weather. We had a cold front come through this week, and now our highs are only in the upper 80's. Brrr! Almost time to get out the jackets! (Yes, I'm being sarcastic. You're surprised?)

3.  Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan?   What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage? Pumpkins are okay in their place, but their place is not in flavoring my food and drink.

4.  Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?Perhaps the one where I dashed up onto the platform so I could make it into the choir loft just as the choir was getting ready to sing the opening song of the evening service. I tripped and ended up on my hands and knees with my rear end waving at the congregation.

5.  If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose? I married the original Indiana Jones. What better prop could I have?

6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
Although yours truly is imminently cognizant of the lexicological parameters, at the moment I can't come up with anything.

7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office?  Was it a big deal?
I don't usually lock myself out (jinxed myself there, didn't I?), but the week before we moved down here to Florida, Indiana made the 12 hour drive with two of our children. They arrived in the wee hours of the morning, only to discover that he'd left the key to our new house on the dresser. In Alabama.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Only 96 shopping days until Christmas. That gets your heartrate going, doesn't it?





7 comments:

  1. Ha-I started to say the best thing about growing older is being around to do so.

    Your fall sounds just as delightful as mine : )

    #8-You said it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to visiting Florida this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer for #5...you must be one lucky lady! ;) Oh, how I love the cooler temps. of fall! After the kind of summer we've had, I'm so ready for the change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story of your fall made me laugh out loud and I'm at work. Thankfully on a lunch break with my door closed. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly picture your fall! Thank goodness you had on a long robe to cover the part of you presenting itself to the congregation! But, the best part is, where else but in church can you do something embarrassing and humiliating and be "forgiven" and "accepted." whew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I'll bet your fall really livened up that first song :)

    Our weather in southeastern GA is similar to yours in FLA. We're actually "down" to the 80's this week,too, but hey, we have to take what we can get!

    Good answer to the question on growing older :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, you are just delightful! It's such fun to stop by and read your entries and especially HP.

    Yes, indeed it is good to be around to grow older. You are so right!

    Love the "fall story." How funny!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails