Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Centennial and Completely Common Hodgepodge

As is completely common for something as auspicious as the 100th Hodgepodge, I can't make the linky-picture-thing work on my blog this morning. (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm so technical I call it a linky-picture-thing.) At any rate, by now you know what this is, and you know what to do. Read the questions, laugh or nod thoughtfully in the appropriate places at my answers, leave a comment and then click this link and go see everyone else's answer at Joyce's blog. Hopefully Joyce will be able to fully participate in this wonderful and epic Hodgepodge, although power at her place is questionable as she is right in the middle of all the havoc Sandy has caused this week. We're praying for you, Joyce!

By the way, the reason for the title is because of Joyce's eloquent introduction this week. The Hodgepodge really is not about the monumental in our lives, but about the everyday minutae that make up our day. Sometimes it's poignant, sometimes it's funny or thoughtful, but always it's us in all of our flawed glory. Of course, Joyce expressed this thought much better than I did, so go read what she had to say. After you finish here, of course.

1. What creeps you out?
Feet. I know they're necessary, but they're gross.

2. What's your least favorite candy?
Why would I have a least favorite? Candy is candy and it makes me happy. Except for candy that is hot instead of sweet, like redhots. That makes absolutely no sense.

3. Are you a fan of scary movies? What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
I like suspense movies, but not horror. And sometimes a movie starts out as suspense, but crosses over into horror. That's never fun. Like the movie where the woman's head ended up in the dryer. A laundry room is never a good place in a scary movie. Come to think of it, my laundry room scares me all the time.

4. What part of life confuses you the most?
The living it part.


5. Pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, poppy...what's your favorite seed?
Why settle for a seed when you can have the whole pumpkin, sunflower, poppy or ... sesame?

6. Imagine your life ten years from today...what's changed?
Certainly not the amount of gray in my hair. It will still be mostly nonexistent, thanks to Clariol. Maybe by then I'll look good in hats. You never know.

7. What do you a) love the most and b) like the least about the Hodgepodge?
I love that it's always there. I don't like when I miss joining in, although I don't think that's the fault of the Hodgepodge or its creator.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Two more of my children are old enough to vote in this election. I helped both of them through the process, and even thought I was a good sport for helping them celebrate this milestone. Then Paul reminded me at dinner that he would be voting in the next election. I had a little trouble swallowing for the moment. He waited until I took another mouthful before casually mentioning that Joel would also be voting in the next election.

I barely managed to avoid spitting my food across the table.

Hmmm. Now that I think about question 6, perhaps in ten years the kids will have to be helping me get through the voting process!








6 comments:

  1. What would the Hodgepodge be without you?! Certainly not nearly as fun! You always make me smile.

    And the linky picture thing looks just fine at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your random thought today :)

    I'm pretty sure you and I feel the same way about those pesky gray hairs that keep invading our heads...I love gray hair--on someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen on #4 and both of mine can vote now too. Scary, isn't it? Not that their voting, but that they are old enough to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud at your answer to number 4! You and me both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, what truth in #4!! Best answer so far!

    Always, always get a chuckle out of your posts.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red hots are one of my favorites : ) I agree with Linda...the HP wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails