Monday, December 8, 2008

C is for Cookie

So I was thinking about a Christmas gift I could give to all you blogger buddies. I decided to post some of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes for you to enjoy. Here's one of my favorites: Bon Bon Cookies.

3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. softened butter
1 tbsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
nuts, chocolate chips, maraschino cherries

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Work in flour and salt until dough holds together. If dough is dry, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk.

For each cookie, shape dough by tablespoons full around nuts, chocolate chips or cherries to form a ball. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until set but not brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool. Dip tops of cookies into glaze. Decorate with coconuts, nuts, colored sugar, sprinkles.

Glaze:

1 c. sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp cream
1 tsp vanilla
Food coloring

These are some of my favorite Christmas cookies. They not only taste delicious, but they look really festive. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for a good EASY sugar cookie recipe? got one?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've got a line on one. I'll try to post it later this week!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails