Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thanks and Things

First off, I want to thank all of you that stopped by to read the excerpts from my book, and a special thanks to those who left comments. You all can actually have a hand in my getting published. One thing that publishers look for is a web presence or a "following" if you will. That means potential buyers for books. So keep stopping by my blog and leave an occasional comment. You make me look better! : )

Second, not long ago I wrote a post listing seven blessings. One of the blessings was that I wasn't born blonde so I wouldn't look stupid. I hope you all realize that I was not implying blondes are stupid. My coloring is such that, if I were to dye my hair blonde, it would be obviously not my natural color and I, personally, would look stupid. No snarking at blondes intended. (Although I am considering doing a blog full of blonde jokes.) : )

Third, my friend Pilar Stark is hosting her first giveaway on her blog. Head on over here and check it out.

Fourth, I'm very proud of myself because it has taken me two days to figure out how to set up a link to Pilar's site through my blog post. It's not just that I'm technologically challenged. It's also that my computer was blocking the feature without telling me. But once again I have triumphed! (I know that's pathetic. I lead a very small life.) : )

Tomorrow's discussion? Easter shoes.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad my post worked and brought some traffic to your blog. :)

    I don´t know about the blond thing, maybe if you start highlighting it slowly.... hehehhhe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you remember me...my Dad pastors in Columbia, TN, but I was probably a kid the last time we saw y'all!

    Anyway, I've been reading your blog for quite a while, and I have really enjoyed reading your story! I can't believe we've got to wait at least until 2010 to read the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilar, I think blonde would end up looking orange on me!

    Beka, I do remember your family. And you're right. It's been a very long time since we've seen you. Thanks for your comments. Keep on stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails