Friday, June 19, 2009

Friends, Workers and Happenings

Here are a few friends and fellow hardworkers from last week:


"The Madison Group". These wonderful people traveled from Madison, Alabama, to help out with our VBS. They all stayed at our house, too. There was still some stair-sliding, but it stopped by midnight each night.


The Spacemonkey Hunter. He ran through VBS rallies all week, looking for space monkeys. I've never seen Garrett come so far out of his shell. I think he's got a permanent role in future VBS skits!


Kelsey's first year helping as well. Like Paul, I think she enjoyed it just as much as when she was in a class last year.


Karen McNully, our penny lady. She traded pennies for bills all week long and then counted all those pennies each day. We couldn't have done it without her!


Parking lot detail and security. These guys also worked in the decision room, leading kids to Christ. And as you can see, the Spacemonkey hunter did double duty.

Some of the nutty stuff: stopped up toilets, air conditioners that didn't work (at first) not enough toys and waaaaay too many cookies, missing lists and props, squealing microphones ... just to name a few. But hey! It wouldn't be VBS without a few glitches. Even at that, already the creative ideas are flowing for next year. Anybody game for a trip out west?

Monday's Post: Guess what I have that will make Nina drool with envy?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been busy!

    I'm so glad you commented on my delivery post because if you hadn't, I was going to hunt you down! You are definitely one with some experience! :)

    Thanks for sharing- I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I'm glad I could--help? I didn't exactly give encouraging news. Thanks for stopping by anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the group from Madison, AL from Bro. Mike Allison's church?

    What do you have?!? I'm already drooling!!

    It could be any number of things!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails