You knew it was coming. In fact, you probably couldn't wait for it to get here, could you? You've been counting the days since last Wednesday, haven't you? Admit it! You can't live without the Hodgepodge. Seven questions and a random thought around which your life revolves. Okay, your life is a little pathetic, but then, so is mine so I'm not going to say anything. Settle in and here we go. Oh! And after you leave a comment--you knew you had to leave one, right?--click on the link and see what everyone else had to say. You might as well. What else have got to do in your pathetic little life? : )
To be quite honest, the whole donation thing never occurred to me until you mentioned it. That's my pot of gold, baby! I'd probably hang onto it until my much-needed chick weekend at the end of the month. Then I'd be splurging all over the place. (I'll blog about the weekend another time. For now, let's just say that living as the only female with six males--well, I need a shot of estrogen in my life or I'm going to start scratching and spitting in public soon.)
2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
When I was a kid we would celebrate by asking everyone in sight if they were a) Irish, or b) wearing green. If the answer to either question was no, then we would pinch them. I have a little Irish in me (along with some French, German and Scottish--we're mutts) and I have green eyes so I always got off easy. If the eye answer wasn't enough, then I told them the tag on my underwear was green. I've since outgrown such childish games so I probably won't be celebrating at all--except maybe to ask my kids if they're Irish and wearing green and then pinch them. : )
3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? No! I squash those bugs as soon as I see them! What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? All of them. What spring cleaning job are you most dreading? All of them.
4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest...your favorite shade of green?
Actually, green is one of my favorite colors and I like it in all shades. Except for pea green. That's not a pretty shade whether it's in a soup or in someone's clothing. And since that's the color usually used to describe someone's face right before they throw up ...
5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." So...do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I don't make my own luck. I don't have the recipe.
6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind).
The edible kind is my favorite kind of pie.
7. That same date (3/14) happens to be the birthdate of the late physicist Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of Pi. So...what do you think is more important and or valuable in life... intelligence or common sense?
There are a lot of people who have intelligence who have never shown one lick of common sense. However, I don't think I've ever seen someone who exercised common sense without at least an average-sized dose of intelligence. Unfortunately, there's also a great many people who never seem to have been blessed with either intelligence or common sense. Most of them apparently decided to make their living in politics.