1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
I have been to Washington D.C. several times, and I absolutely love it there! The sight I would most like to see would be our elected officials actually accomplishing something worthwhile. (I'm not holding my breath.)
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?
I never wanted to be a June bride because that was such a cliche. I wanted to be married in the fall. We picked a September date, but then my sister got engaged and picked an August date. She was going to be moving away and could not afford to travel back a month later for our wedding, so my mother asked us to move our wedding date up. Our 25th anniversary is June 14th.
P.S. After we changed our wedding date, my sister and her fiance broke up, and she didn't end up getting married for two more years. Go figure.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
Piled between shortcake and coolwhip.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
That would be the wedding of one Matthew Boyd to our future daughter-in-law, Kylee. Only four-and-a-half weeks, people!
Not that I'm excited about it, or anything.
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
I liked them. I used them. But we don't have them around here anymore because no one else knew how to use them. They're like an express lane, people! They're not for checking out with an entire week's worth of groceries!
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
Always wear clean underwear. That's good advice whether or not you end up in an automobile accident!