Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Getting Back to the Hodgepodge
I haven't been back to the hometown in over 15 years. I guess the biggest change is that I'm no longer there!
2. What song makes you laugh?
The Veggie Tales' Pirate Song: We are the pirates that don't do anything. My boys burst into the song whenever we're driving somewhere and it cracks me up when they sing that they don't look good in leggings and they've never been to Boston in the fall. Both of which are true, by the way.
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?
Not a fan and won't be standing in line. The stories are about witchcraft, and I really don't believe Christians have any business dabbling in those for any reason. Particularly not for entertainment. I'm not judging you, but that's how I feel for me and us (meaning our children). I'm not trying to start an argument, but you did ask, and this is my blog. : )
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
I told the truth in the last question. Did it hurt you? : ) Seriously, I don't think it's ever right to lie, but it's not always necessary to blurt out all truths that happen to come to mind either.
The second question is an interesting one, but I think I'm going to stick with the same answer. Lying is not right, but what truths you tell and how, when and where you tell them (and to whom!) can make a huge difference!
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
I like shrimp sauteed that way, and olive oil wouldn't make it any better!
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
No reunions, and that's just fine with me. If you had anything in common with all those people, you'd already have kept contact with them anyway. If you haven't talked to them in twenty years, chances are there's a reason why.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
I can't pick just one. If I'm going to pick flowers, I have to pick enough to make a bouquet.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's been almost a month since I participated in the Hodgepodge, and I've missed you all!