Yes, that's right. Smack in the middle of a hot summer week, can't know for sure if you're even going to make it, and suddenly you find the Hodgepodge. It's like a breath of fresh air. Like a cool summer breeze. Like a tall glass of ice lemonade. Like a--well, you get the picture. Sure you do, because it's right here. And it's not just a picture, it's a link. So click on it and see what everyone has to say in answer to this week's seven questions and a random thought. But wait! You've got to read my answers first! It's only fair since you're already here. And then you really should leave a comment. Then you can click on the link. You won't regret it, I promise!
Well if everybody else is doing it, then we should too. Wait a minute! That sounded an awful lot like a very lame teenage argument. As for going into space--not me! I don't look good in a space suit.
2. What are three things in your freezer?
The white frosty stuff that builds up on the sides. Diet ice cream bars. Real ice cream bars. Guess which ones last longer. : )
3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonite who would it be? It has to be someone living...no Beatles, Elvis, etc.
Well since we have prayer meeting tonight, it'd have to be someone who would show up at our service. Patch the Pirate?
4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?
I like the crushed that comes out of our refrigerator, except it sprays all over the place and very little gets in the cup. And it melts too fast. I'm not sure I trust people who don't like ice. There's something unnatural about that.
5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story in more detail here but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?
If I want shouting and turmoil while I eat, I'll go to Chuckie Cheese.
6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?
My first car was a 1973 yellow Vega which I bought from my sister when she went to college. That car hated me. It died regularly, mostly in the middle of busy intersections, and could be counted on to quit running just when I needed it most.
7. If I had a nickle for every time I said "that's inappropriate" to my boys, I'd be rich.
8. Insert your own random thought here.