Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hello, Hodgepodge!

It's another Hodgepodge Day, which means it's another day where my computer does not like the Hodgepodge picture and link. In spite of that, you can still click here and go see Joyce, who is the originator of the Hodgepodge. Read through and comment on her answers, and then you can click through everyone else's links to see what they had to say.

Don't forget to read mine first, though. After all, I could use a comment or ten.

1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals? 
It is not tax season yet because it's not April. And when that season rolls around, we don't do our own returns, but neither do we look to professional farmers for help. Wait, that wasn't the question, was it?

2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....
Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
I'd say it's fifty-fifty because sometimes love is a pain and sometimes it's a pain to love.

3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
I am not in favor of fruit colors, either in my house or on my body. Who picks the color of the year anyway? And can they be replaced?

4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
I collect children. (I've had six of them.) Sometimes they're admired and sometimes their useful, but I never dust them. (They don't dust either, which is why they're only useful sometimes.)

5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
There are so many foreign phrases in this question! Phrases like heart healthy and like to prepare. I'm not a fan of either of those expressions. Let's just say I'll start ordering the vegetable skewer instead of the baked potato when we eat out and leave it at that.

6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
The most car trouble I've had lately is finding a vehicle to use that someone else isn't already using.

7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
I make a lot of demands on myself, but I never meet those demands so I also annoy myself.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow is Groundhog's Day and we'll find out if we get six more weeks of winter. I'm not sure if I can handle six more weeks of this weather. Yesterday the temperature only got up to 73 degrees, and I froze all day.

Don't hate me for that. Just smile and think of how miserable I'm going to be next July.

11 comments:

  1. Great answers! I especially like your comments about the children you collect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answers made me laugh! :-) Have an absolutely wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answer for #2. I hope we don't have 6 more weeks of winter, but we really haven't had much winter weather yet at all. Of course we're not in the 73 degree area either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely hate the fact that winter has evaded us this year! It's the one time of year that I can get away from the brutal heat of the low-country of SC! This also means that the bugs are not going to die off and they will be horrid this year! UGH.

    Love your response to #7 about annoying yourself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't hate you...it's 50 here in Northwest NJ on the first day of February. Course they're calling for snow on Sunday so we'll see-so far it has been a gloriously mild winter.

    I have missed your brand of funny in the weekly HP-glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your collecting children I have a 21 year old son that has failure to launch syndrome. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your answers always make me laugh! So does Thena's comment. Oh my!

    I am totally with you on the color deal. Whatever happened to the original 64 Crayola names? People do not have enough to do!

    I'm loving our nearly 80 degree January, but I keep remembering our 100 days of 100+ degrees last summer and think uh-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your answers, but especially #2. You have such a great sense of humor! And, love that kids don't need dusting! How funny! Blessings to you, great to be in touch again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your answer to #4! LOL!! Just when I thought I was done having/being around children, I decide to go into teaching...teenagers, no less! Guess I'll keep right on collecting too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! on your random thought, it's all a matter of perspective isn't it! I remember living in Flagstaff, AZ we would go down in the middle of our freezing winter to Phoenix's 75 degrees. Everyone there was freezing and think we were crazy to be wearing shorts.
    on #3: Can the color be replaced or the person picking the color?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your answer to #2 - funny but true! I need to move to your neck of the woods, where 73 is "cold". ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails