Don't panic. I don't mean in dieting or marriage.
I'll explain the cheating part in a minute, but first I have to explain that I was given the Versatile Blogger Award from Jen at Grown in Southern Ground. Thanks, Jen!
I'm so honored! I looked up the word versatile because I'm an English teacher at heart, and that's what I do. Dictionary.reference.com defines versatile as having or capable of many uses.
That is so very true. I'm capable of being a mom or a wife or a sister or a friend or a pastor's wife or a writer or a blogger or ... but actually the blog was awarded, not me. Hmmm. Well, the blog is hopefully entertaining. It's also a record (spotty though it may be) of my life and the lives of my loved ones. Once in a great while my blog is provocative or challenging or encouraging.
Okay, so both I and my blog are versatile! We accept the award! (Like there was really any question as to whether or not I would accept an award.)
There are rules for accepting this award. The rules are as follows:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging or whose blogs you enjoy the most.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
4. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
Numbers 3 and 4 are already taken care of. Second paragraph, people! Get with the program! I'm cheating in that I'm not going to nominate 15 bloggers. I'm sorry, but if I tried to go that route I'd never get any work done today.
Not that I'm writing this at work. Ahem!
But I am going to award one new blogger that I have been following. Kari at Simply Being Kari has not been blogging long, but her blog is always full of useful information on saving money, couponing, deals, etc.
And that's how I'm cheating.
Now for the last rule to fulfill--seven random things about me.
1. My first car was a 1973 yellow Chevy Vega. I occasionally had to make it go by sticking my feet through the thinning floorboards and running along the ground ala Fred Flinstone style.
2. I try to wear nail polish with sparkly stuff in it so my awkward brushstrokes are not noticeable.
3. I like dangly earrings because it's easier to answer the phone if my earring is dangling out of the way of the receiver.
4. I've spent a total of 101 hours of my life in labor.
5. When I was growing up I wanted to be a nurse. Until I realized that might involve bedpans and other yucky stuff.
6. I was an extremely shy child/teenager/young adult.
7. This is my 600th post on Jill Boyd's Place!
And that's me in a nutshell. Versatile. Busy life. Slightly cracked.