Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Labor of Hodgepodge Love

Okay, I'm in a hurry 'cause I want to go to bed soon so I don't really have time to explain how this works. You should know what to do by now anyway. Read. Comment. Click. Repeat. It ain't rocket science, folks.


1. Americans will celebrate Labor Day this coming weekend. Do you know what we're actually celebrating? (without consulting your friends Google or wikipedia, ahem) What's a project you're currently 'laboring' over?
Ummm, let's see. Labor Day ... Labor Day ... yeah, I'm gonna go with celebrating labor and delivery. I've spent over 100 hours laboring and delivering my babies in my life and I think that should be celebrated. 

And I should get cake.

2. Labor Day also signals the unofficial end of summer for most of us...what summer food will you miss the most? If you're in the southern hemisphere feel free to substitute winter for summer.
I could list the usual summer indulgences, such as watermelon or corn on the cob, but I'm not gonna because I live in Florida and we basically have summer year round here. 

3. A well known proverb states, 'It's easier to seek forgiveness than ask permission.' Your thoughts?
It's not easier on the one who has to give forgiveness instead of permission.

Ask me how I know.

4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic....which hat would you most like to wear?
Okay, first of all, I like hats, but my hair doesn't so I probably wouldn't wear any hats. But as far as the above professions, I could do any and all of them. I'm great at being critical.

5. When you were a kid, who (besides your parents) was your favorite adult?
It was a toss up between Superman and Wonder Woman. Superman could fly, but Wonder Woman had great jewelry. (the bracelets, man!)

6. The astronaut, Neil Armstrong, passed away last week. He was regarded as a hero by many generations of people all around the world. Do we still have modern day heroes? What makes someone a hero?
Being a hero is someone who does what they're supposed to do when they're supposed to do it, in spite of any and all obstacles. "Sully" Sullenberger, the pilot who landed the plane on the Hudson River, is a hero. Major sports figures and movie stars are not.

7. I never get tired of __________________.
Broccoli soup, mashed potatoes, getting my hair brushed, hearing my kids say I love you, kissing my husband ... shall I go on?

8. Insert your own random thought here.
My daughter-in-law and my granddaughter are doing very well. Stella Elise is still expected to make her appearance into the world at the end of November. This week I very heroically resisted the urge to buy over priced pink baby cowgirl boots. I may not always have that kind of discipline.


13 comments:

  1. I say buy the boots. And have a piece of cake while you're at it : ). Pretty name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post and answers too thanks for sharing...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GO BUY THE BOOTS! Oh my, girlie stuff is so fun! And have you seen those precious baby socks that look like little Mary Janes? Here is a link to them: http://www.amazon.com/Trumpette-Mary-Jane-Pair-Box/dp/B004LB5G3U/ref=pd_sbs_a_5

    Seriously, it's probably a good thing I'm not having any more babies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ditto on mashed potatoes. I can eat them everyday & not be tired of em. I don't think i've seen your blog yet. Nice to 'meet' you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me hungry for corn on the cob, broccoli soup and watermelon.

    Labor and Delivery! Love this comment!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Your answers made me laugh! And I agree with the above comments. Grandmas are allowed to indulge their babies so buy those little pink boots! Then put up a picture so we all can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answers - especially about the "hats"! My hair doesnt really like hats either :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww - never get tired of kissing your husband! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a grandma absolutely gives us the right to spoil our grandkids ... especially first grandbabies, especially first girl grandbabies! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you need to buy those pink boots...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your definition of Labor Day :)

    I agree, go and buy those little pink boots :) Your're allowed to be undisciplined with grandbaby #1. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new definition of Labor Day and I love it! Bet all women would, especially if they had spent over 100 hours delivering babies. Oh, my!

    Stella Elise is such a pretty name with a bit of an old fashioned flair. You will have all kinds of opportunities to buy for that sweetie, and you will love it!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you idea of Labor Day! Being in California we have things in the store all the time also. I imagine back in the day I would have missed more items but today they fly everything everywhere. I think I would have bought those little boots!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails