I know, totally lame title, right? Sometimes you hit it and sometimes you don't. In the meantime, do you want to complain about cheesy titles or do you want to enjoy the Hodgepodge and then get on with Thanksgiving? I thought so. In that case, read and comment (with or without thankfulness, your choice) and then head on over to Joyce's to see what everyone else fancies in a turkey.
I like turkey on the table, but I'm not too fond of turkeys at the table, especially the human kind. My favorite thing to make when we have leftover turkey is reservations 'cause with all our boys, we don't have much in the way of leftovers.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
Considering the crowds on Black Friday, it seems that shopping could be just as strenuous and work off just as many calories.
I'm not going to go shopping on Friday, but I'm not doing a 10K run or climbing a mountain either.
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
Considering I would not have a relationship with a lot of you wonderful fellow-bloggers, I'm gonna say better. Except where it made it worse. (Get real. Do you expect me to do my best answers when I still have pies and stuffing to make?)
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
Mostly by whining and complaining until I realize the person I'm talking to has it much worse than I do. Then I feel both grateful and guilty.
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
My shopping is done wherever I find the deals and whenever I have to money. Suffice it to say, I haven't done any shopping yet.
As far as stores opening on Thanksgiving (some are opening at 8:00 p.m. that night) I'm against it, but I saw it coming. If a day about giving thanks can't be ruined by sports and gluttony, might as well get rid of it completely, right?
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
I have a lot of black in my closet. It makes a good canvas for great colored scarves and jewelry.
(Oh come on, I really have it 'cause it's slimming. Are you saying you don't wear black for that reason? Yeah, right.)
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
That you all keep coming back and reading even when I get snarky.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Right now I feel absolutely no pressure about getting things done for the Holiday season. It could be 'cause I'm really organized and ... sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. I have no idea why I feel no pressure, but I'm enjoying the sensation while it lasts.