Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another WONDERFUL Job

Astute followers may have noticed that I fell off the blogosphere sometime a little before Thanksgiving. Astute followers may also realize that I fall off that sphere a lot. (Coordination and gracefulness have never been characteristics of mine.)

At any rate, I'm back and, as usual, I have a really really good reason for being gone. I know I always say that, but wait until you read this one!

I've taken on yet another new job in my life. I know, I know. Like I have time for that. I already work in an office (my only paying gig). Plus, I spend one day a week at the church office, never accomplishing everything I have on my to-do list. I also homeschool my boys which is an interesting ... challenge and helps me develop skills (mostly coping skills, but whatever).

And then of course, there's the writing. Not blog writing, which clearly is not taking enough of my time, but writing for publication. Just in the last month I've had the possibility of a new opportunity open up, so I'm trying to develop a project for that, although the project at this point is getting about as much attention as my blogging.

With all that going on plus the normal demands on a housewife, mother and pastor's wife, you'd think I wouldn't have the time or inclination to take on anything else, but this is something I truly couldn't resist. Seriously. Even if I wanted to, which I don't.

Ya'll may remember how I took on the role of mother-in-law about a year and a half ago. Here's a picture from the celebration of me becoming an mil. Oh, and it was my son's wedding day as well.

I've done admirably in the in-law role, if I do say so myself. If you don't believe me, ask Kylee, who has adjusted even better to marrying into the Boyd Bunch. It takes a special person to be able to deal with our clan, but Kylee seems to thrive on it. (Or she hides it well, but I'm thinking positively here.)

Earlier this year I blogged about the fact that this couple was going to make me face the G word. I've had nine months to face the fact that I'm taking on this older, supporting role and I found myself looking forward to it, even though it took four or five months for me to actually bring myself to say the G word. It's clear from this picture that I didn't have much time left. This was taken the night before Kylee was to be induced. She was really sick of everyone telling her she looked like she was going to pop. And we were all taking bets on wondering how big Baby Stella would be. After all, Kylee's birth weight was 9 pounds and 13 ounces, and Matt weight 10-1/2 pounds! (And 32 hours of labor, son, don't forget!)

Stella Elise was born at 12:58 in the morning on Tuesday, November 27th. She weighed a tiny 6 pounds and 12 ounces and was 20-1/2 inches long. And she's adorable, if I do say so myself. All of us, including my motley crew of boys, can't get enough of her. I doubt this little girl will ever put her feet on the ground until she enters kindergarten because we're always lined up to hold her.
Matt and Kylee, ya'll did real good.


















 
Grandpa and Grammy are real pleased too.
 
 




 
And that's why I've been absent from blogland. I think she's a good enough reason, don't you?
 





 



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all. She is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word-adorable! That little skirt and bow in the last picture are too much! Congratulations to all....there's nothing sweeter than a brand new baby girl! Have lots of fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! She's beautiful. I'm so happy for you all.

    I know you'll knock em dead with your writing too...congrats on that opportunity.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails