Monday, November 10, 2008

Is My face Red!

I think I've mentioned before that I'm not the most up-to-date person when it comes to computer technology. Frankly, I'm still surprised that I ever managed to start a blog! I enjoy some of the technological abilities that we have, but I'm still learning some of what I thought were very basic computer functions.
Take, for instance, our printer/scanner/copier. Not to be confused with our printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. I've done occasional scanning of some items with mixed results. Sometimes I get exactly what I want and sometimes I get nothing that I want. And it's not like I can trace my actions back to something I did differently, either. It's just that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
This past week I decided to scan a letter and attach it to emails to a couple of friends. In this particular case, the letter didn't scan in as a document. Instead it scanned as a picture--of the letter. Don't ask me why because I have no idea! Plus, the first page scanned perfectly and--without changing any settings--the second picture only scanned the very center of the page that the letter was on. Frustrating to say the least!
So I finally got the letter scanned properly and then I attached it to an email. I usually doublecheck after I attach something, just to make sure I attached what I wanted to attach. In this case I didn't think of it though. I attached and sent that quickly. Then I started worrying about what I attached, so I went to my sent file to check. Sure enough, the letter was attached, but if you hit the button at the bottom of the page, the screen reverts to a couple of pictures we had on the computer. One of them is of Terry and me with those ridiculous striped hats on our heads. (See August 26th post.) There were a few other silly pictures, so I wrote a follow-up email apologizing for my stupidity and asking them not to hold it against me personally.
After I sent my follow up email, I ended up back in the sent emails again. I looked through my scan again, only this time it seemed to have attached more pictures. And these weren't pictures I took or stored on my computer. These were pictures of "celebrities" like Madonna and Paris Hilton. There was even a picture of an indecently dressed couple. That follow up email was even more embarrassing to write! So now I think I'm giving up technology. If I don't know how to do it by now, I guess it isn't needed.
For those of you that are wondering: the friend that received the photos along with my letter? Jan Allison. That's right. I sent pictures of Madonna and Paris Hilton to Mrs. Allison.
Anybody got a paperbag I can put over my head?

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahah it is too funny.... of course because I wasn't the one doing it :) I wonder if Ms Allison was with pastor when she opened the email ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I'm sure Mrs. Allison got a good laugh out of it all. I'm sure she won't let you live it down for a little while, either. It happens to all of us at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Sorry, Jill. Think of it this way, you certainly aren't the only one to make a fool of yourself in front of Mrs. Allison. I highly doubt you will be the last.

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails