Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fat Tuesday Hodgepodge on Wednesday

Okay, people. I finally wrote the second part of the birth post yesterday. The third and final post will be tomorrow. I know that for a fact because I already wrote it and scheduled it to post tomorrow. But in the meantime I had to pause for Hodgepodge Identification. Seven questions and a random thought. After reading my answers and leaving what will no doubt be a random comment of your own, click on the link and see what everyone else has to say! What? Like you have so many other better things to do? I didn't think so!

1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
I have no vices, so I have nothing to give up. : )
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
I'm beginning to see why the day is called Fat Tuesday. As for my pleasure, I'm on the Atkins diet right now. Pancakes are not in my vocabulary. My boys, however, do their best to make IHOP go out of business any time they offer all you can eat pancakes.
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights.
My favorite springtime flowers are the kind that arrive in big boxes, delivered by proflowers.com. I'm only allergic to flowers that actually need to be cared for in order to keep from dying.
4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why?
I agree that the author is unknown.
5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen?
I've never been in a parade, but I've been practicing my "Princess Wave" so that I'm ready just in case the need should arise.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________?
Fat was the new thin.
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
Outside:  I've seen it dirtier. Inside:  I've seen it cleaner.  There is nothing in the trunk of my car, but I definitely have junk in my trunk, which is why I'm on a diet.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wonder how many times we give up when success was just around the next bend.

Really weren't expecting something so profound from me, were you?


7 comments:

  1. Well I think I knew you had some profound in you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to number six! If someone tells you that, would you pop over and let me know so I can have a DQ Ice Cream cake instead of an apple for a snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping by to say `Hi`

    I enjoyed reading your answers.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had the best answer to number 4 of any that I've read! You clever girl, you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your answer to #4, I didn't answer that one. I need to start my low carb diet! Enjoyed reading your answers to the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your answer to #4!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved #6. You've also inspired me to never give up!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails