Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Springing Into the Hodgepodge

So here we are having a little spring fun. Take a couple of minutes to answer seven questions and then give us a random thought. Nothing's easier. Or harder. Depends on your thought process, I guess. At any rate, give it a whirl. What have you got to lose?
1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem.What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?
Well if it has to be an outdoor activity, than I'm going to say it's going to an outdoor mall and shopping for new spring clothes.

2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?
Someone who would also stick around long enough to clean up my kitchen after they were through cooking. And if they also wanted to do some laundry or clean a bathroom, they can stay for the rest of their lives.

3. When did you last fly a kite?
I never fly a kite when someone tells me to go fly a kite because I think that's kind of a rude statement. Not that people often tell me to go fly a kite. I'm just sayin'.

4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?
Taxes. Anything to do with numbers. Unless, of course, we're discussing the discount percentage on a great sale.

5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?
Well I used to associate roses with birth because every time I had a baby, my husband bought me roses. But that was an awful lot of trouble to go through just to get some flowers, so now he just buys them for me on Valentine's Day.

6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?
I went to elementary school for six years. A lot of significant historical events happened during that time but, as much as I love history, if I were to list all the events here, you would probably list this answer as your answer for #4.

7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)
I do neither, and I'm so glad you classified those other words as pseudo-swearing. I happen to think that a lot of today's euphemisms are rather crude. I don't use them and I don't allow my kids to use them either. On the other hand, I've been known to say "spit" occasionally probably because I feel like spitting.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Saying "spit" would be better than actually spitting. In most cases, at least. : )

5 comments:

  1. Glad you played today! My mother used to say spit when she would get annoyed while driving. We kids thought it was hilarious! She never swore so this was her version of a curse word I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like talking about taxes or money either, unless there is some extra money & I can plan a trip or buy something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your #4. Money, numbers, anything with the word fiduciary in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your answer to #1-shopping for spring clothes is a great idea. The word "spit" might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun answer for #1. Yes the clean-up is the worst. I could have a cooking show too, right, they don't have to clean up either!!! My elementary school went until 8th grade. I agree with you on spit, I really do not like seeing people spit.

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails