Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Fair and Silent Hodgepodge

Joyce has no voice (no, I'm not trying to rhyme) and we're discussing what's fair in the Hodgpodge today. Let's hear what you think, first in my comments and then by clicking the link and adding your own thoughts to everyone else's.
 
 
1. The popular saying, 'All is fair in love and war' is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
I'd like to know what kind of experience John Lyly has had in both war and love that he feels qualified to make that statement.


2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind?
We are seriously going to have to stop all the food questions that concern carbs since I'm not doing carbs right now. And I'm pretty sure the Hodgepodge is all about me, isn't it?

It's not? My bad. (I like Cocoa Pebbles.)

3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.

A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click
here for details).
I think they parents are right to sue to have the incident removed from her file. Any reference to Hello Kitty could seriously affect her college choices.


I also think a psychological evaluation should be ordered for all government employees. And then we should get ourselves checked out for being dumb enough to let these people run anything in our lives.

4. Whatever happened to_____________________________?
... Sanity? (See previous question.)

5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to?
I reintroduced myself to both my pen and my pencil. They said hello.

6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
I'm not so sure I want to see a lot of brotherly love. Especially since, in our house, brotherly love means noogies.

7. Share something funny you've heard a child say.
Well he's not a child, but recently my husband was preaching and he referred to someone working by the sweat of his brow. Only what he actually said was, "...by the sweat of his bra."

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Why is it that, every time you run into someone you know at Walmart, your arms happen to be full of feminine hygiene products?



 

7 comments:

  1. Ah, my day is complete. :-)

    Amen on your answer to #3. Loved your #7 & 8. Shoot, I loved all of them.

    Oh no, I said "shoot." Don't send people after ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I would have loved to have heard that sermon! haha

    That is one good thing about going through the change of life...no buying those products any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time we were playing Scattegories and my 80 year old mama mis-spoke and said the naughtiest word you can imagine in place of the word she wrote. Oh my word- we all just about died laughing. She carried on reading her list like she hadn't said it, but we wouldn't let her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your answers were great! With a hint of sass-if you don't mind my saying so. =)
    Evaluations AND a capped salary on government employees sound like a good idea to me. I probably shouldn't get started....
    Honestly, I am afraid of what our country is becoming. But on the other hand, I just hope the Lord returns soon, and these feel like the signs of the times for His return.
    Low carbs? Stop by my blog and see my post from a few days ago for cabbage wedges with bacon! It's not quite Cocoa Puffs, but hey! =)
    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your thoughts on question #3, and totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You surely must stay up all night answering these questions. You are hysterical! I can't imagine having such a fun loving pastor's wife! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your answer to #3! You have a great sense of humor...I always enjoy your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails