Joyce has no voice (no, I'm not trying to rhyme) and we're discussing what's fair in the Hodgpodge today. Let's hear what you think, first in my comments and then by clicking the link and adding your own thoughts to everyone else's.
I'd like to know what kind of experience John Lyly has had in both war and love that he feels qualified to make that statement.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind?
We are seriously going to have to stop all the food questions that concern carbs since I'm not doing carbs right now. And I'm pretty sure the Hodgepodge is all about me, isn't it?
It's not? My bad. (I like Cocoa Pebbles.)
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details).
I think they parents are right to sue to have the incident removed from her file. Any reference to Hello Kitty could seriously affect her college choices.
I also think a psychological evaluation should be ordered for all government employees. And then we should get ourselves checked out for being dumb enough to let these people run anything in our lives.
4. Whatever happened to_____________________________?
... Sanity? (See previous question.)
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to?
I reintroduced myself to both my pen and my pencil. They said hello.
6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?I'm not so sure I want to see a lot of brotherly love. Especially since, in our house, brotherly love means noogies.
7. Share something funny you've heard a child say.Well he's not a child, but recently my husband was preaching and he referred to someone working by the sweat of his brow. Only what he actually said was, "...by the sweat of his bra."
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Why is it that, every time you run into someone you know at Walmart, your arms happen to be full of feminine hygiene products?