Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year of the Hodgepodge

Happy New Year! Hope all of you enjoyed the holidays as much as I did. And now, on this 2nd day of January, when people are struggling to get back down to regular business, here's some business everyone enjoys. I'm sure it was one of your resolutions to start participating in the Hodgepodge, (I never tire of saying that word!) So right after you read my answers and leave a comment (yes, you have to!), click the link and head over to Joyce's to see what the rest of the blogging world has to say. And don't forget to add your own answers either. 


1.  How did you ring in the new year?
There was no ringing. Who rings anymore anyway? Did you hear anyone ringing anything? All I heard were a lot of fireworks. Fireworks that were set off in the street in our subdivision. I briefly wondered if we were going to be hearing the ring of the fire engine siren when some of the fireworks landed on the roof of a neighboring house. We were not the ones setting off the fireworks, by the way. We know to play with fire only in wide open spaces.


2.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
I don't know what I'm looking forward to because it hasn't happened yet.


3.  Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person.  I don't think we're the same person all our lives."  What say you?
I'm still Jill. If I'm going to be someone else I'll let you know. And I'll probably start a different blog 'cause it wouldn't be right for someone else to be posting in Jill Boyd's Place.


4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color?  Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013? 
First off, why do they get to declare the color of the year? I mean, who made them the color guru? I want to pick a color. Although there are so many, it would be hard for me to pick just one. I'm not against emerald green; I kind of like that color. And it sure beats something like puce green which is way to close to puke green for my liking.


5.  Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
I'm not picky. I'll take any that you want to give me.


6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
Would this be a book or movie that was produced in 2012, or one that I experienced in 2012? What if I'm behind the times and something I read or watched was actually from a much earlier year? That might be lame, and I can't take that kind of pressure this early in the morning.


7.  What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
I don't often talk to myself--at least not in public. People tend to think you're weird. And I've gotten to where I ignore what I have to say almost as much as my kids do.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I do just happen to have a picture of me in emerald green.



Yeah. It was a good Christmas.

7 comments:

  1. Emerald Green looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo, Jill! You look very content, as does your new granddaughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granddaughter!, i thought you were the mother!,,, Amazingly beautiful baby girl. I thought the same thing about Pantone? Why do they get to pick the color of the year?..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and yours a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet picture!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was fun! You always make me laugh. Love the part about you ignoring what you say almost as much as your kids do. Lol!

    Beautiful picture of you with your granddaughter! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails