1. What's one simple small pleasure on your summer 'to-do' list?
I'd like to laze around on the back porch, sprawled in a hammock and enjoying a great book. Standing in my way is the fact that I don't have a hammock ... or a back porch.
2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.
Stated simply, follow the rules. And don't change the rules just so your political party is favored in the elections.
I realize there's a whole lot more involved in that. But this is a blog and if I really get going, you'd probably quit reading by the tenth or eleventh page.
3. What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'?
Considering the wear and tear my boys put on things, I think our home could easily resemble Fort McHenry ... after the battle.
4. Is your house set up for a party?
A party for guys that want to play video games, wrestle and scratch and sniff with abandon? Absolutely. A party for civilized people? Not so much.
5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see?
I recently found out that there's a town in Kentucky called Monkey's Eyebrow. Not sure I'd want to visit there, but then again, I think it would be better to go there than to go to Buttzville, New Jersey.
6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food?
Red food: M&M's; White food: ice cream; Blue food: M&M's. Hey, don't judge! That's as American as apple pie!
7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?
I value the freedom to raise my children the way they should be raised. And believe me, I exercise that freedom every moment of every day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Some observations from a recent trip to Walmart:
Calling sleepwear "casual clothing" does not change the fact that you actually went to the store in your pajamas.
If you have dimples in your knees, you should probably skip the short skirts, even if they are selling them in the plus-sized section.
I don't care to see your underwear, and you look ridiculous clutching your crotch to keep your pants from falling down.
Just things I wanted to get off my chest. I feel better now.