So since it's such a helpful hodgepodge, ya'll need to help by, first of all, leaving a comment here, and then by clicking on this link in order to join in with your answers and read everyone else's.
I have occasionally had people ask me for help in coming up with a sarcastic quip or comeback. Seems I have a gift in that area.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
How to control my gift for sarcasm. Apparently it's not appreciated by everyone.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
We took great vacations while I was a child, although the family didn't decide to go to Mount Rushmore until I was already married and had a family of my own. I've still not been to Mount Rushmore.
Not that I'm bitter.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
Whichever one's the closest!
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
Having never heard that specific expression, I never had to justify using it. I have been known to use this expression, though: "Life's hard and then you die, now eat your breakfast." Not that I was trying to be cruel, but occasionally my children have needed a dose of reality.
They've threatened to put that phrase on my tombstone. Now that's cruel!
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
What was their criteria and who did they survey? And are these foods most hated in the entire world or just in the United States?
And since this was a psychology study, what does it mean if we don't hate those foods? Are we more apt to become an ax murderer? Or a librarian?
I think I'd like to know the answers to these questions before I agree or disagree with any of the above survey results.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
I don't know, but I would like to write a book while in a beach or lake town. Shoot, I'd be happy just to read a book while sitting at the beach. ('Cause if you're in the town, you might as well be at the lake or beach. Otherwise, what's the point?)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I mentioned recently that we are soon going to be downsizing our home. This week I had the boys going through their things to toss what they didn't need and pack up anything that wasn't essential. When I got home from work, I found that they had emptied boxes I had already labeled and partially filled so that they had boxes for their stuff. I made them unpack their stuff and repack mine, and then I sent them looking for more boxes to repack their stuff.
At this rate of triple packing, we should have everything ready to go by, say, ... 2015?