Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Let It ... Fog?

It's snowing in Central Florida this morning! Well, not really. Actually, we've been having near record high temperatures: mid-eighties during the day. But it's close to Christmas and it's just not right for it to be this warm.

So this morning when I headed out to my car, the fog was rolling in. It's very heavy this morning and hard to see more than a few feet in front of you. If you squint at it just right (which I'd advise you not to do while you're driving) it almost looks like a snow storm. Sort of. In the distance.

To increase the illusion, I turned the air conditioner on high in my car. Then I pretended that it was really cold and the car hadn't had a chance to warm up yet. It really seemed to be working. The fog seemed to be getting thicker, and the illusion of snow more real.

Then I realized that, with the warm moist temperatures outside the car, and the cold air inside the car, my windows were fogging up. So I turned on the defroster and the windshield wipers and the illusion was gone. I was still in warm, muggy Florida.

But for just a moment, I was dreaming of a White Christmas. *Sigh* So what's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm trying really hard not to chuck a snowball at you! I spent my evening shoveling the 6 inches we got yesterday dressed in snowpants, down jacket, scarf mittens and hat, braving the -8 windchill and you are trying to feel cold using your air conditioner, If only I could throw like superman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. It's been snowing here all day and I'm FREEZING. I'm currently wearing a scarf in the house and I just pulled up a folding chair right in front of the stove. I'm baking myself.

    If you wanna be cold, come visit me. I think tomorrow's high is supposed to hit 17 degrees.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails