Monday, May 3, 2010

Indiana Update

I was going to write something funny and witty about my complete lack of ability as a nurse, but that will have to wait for another day. I have no wit left, and at the moment my humor doesn't make sense. I didn't mean to leave you all hanging, but just after my last update we lost our internet connection. I didn't have the time or energy to attempt dealing with the cable company until this past weekend.

Thank you all for praying for Indiana. He came home from the hospital on Friday. He's in a great deal of pain from the surgery, but we are encouraged about the results of surgery. Already we're seeing small indications that the nerves into his arm and hand might be coming back to life.

At the moment he's in a neck brace/collar and has to stay in it for at least the next four weeks. Being still and quiet has never been his strong suit, so we would appreciate prayers as he works his way back from surgery. I am his caregiver and will be his driver for the next four weeks at least as the collar really limits his mobility.

Did I mention I could use prayer as well?

Again, thanks for your prayers and concern. Please don't stop. I hope to resume normal (for me, anyway) posting in the next day or two.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you-will continue praying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Jill. I'd missed this news entirely, but you have my thoughts and prayers. Take care, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, I came by to visit from Lumberjack's Wife. I felt sorry for you because you get few comments. I'm the same way, I get very few comments. :) I will say a prayer for you, I know taking care of the husband and the kids is a very tough job. Even when we feel the husband doesn't always pitch in, it's amazing to realize that they actually DO! Come by and take a look at my blog. I homeschool, too. PLEASE comment and let me know you stopped by! I'll be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails