Friday, June 4, 2010

Show Your Patriotism!

Today is National Donut Day. Bet you didn't see that one coming, but it's true. I feel that it would best show my patriotism by honoring this National holiday. I will eat a donut. Will you join me in this patriotic endeavor?

And as long as we're on the subject of donuts, are you a connoisseur of donuts? Do you turn your nose up at Walmart's fresh baked donuts? Are you a Dunkin Donuts only kind of girl? Or Guy? What's your pleasure?

As for me, I'll eat any donut that doesn't eat me first. I prefer Dunkin Donuts' Boston Creme, but I'll go with whatever I can get. Except for a jelly donut. That's a total waste of good donut dough.

And if you're eating a donut, do you have to have coffee or milk? Or some other beverage? Enquiring (and obviously bored) minds want to know!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Boston Creme donuts...

    We have a nice little bakery right on Main St. in our town. It's within walking distance and that's not too good for my girlish figure. Know what I mean?

    Although I would love to do my Patriotic duty and support Donut Day, I just can't fall to temptation that easily. I've been good all week and it's about killing me. We even took the kids out for ice-cream last night and I didn't eat any. It was very sad.

    Happy donut eating!!! Be patriotic for both of us. ;-)
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that, but however, I did have a donut this morning. Hubby and youngest stopped for donuts and then dropped off 2 for me at work with milk. I gave one to a co-worker and ate the other. Chocolate iced cake donut with sprinkles!! Yummy! So I celebrated and didn't even know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know!!!! I love donuts. I'm the donut girl. I would love to join you in eating a donut for Donut Day, but I'm trying to watch my calories and be real disciplined. The minute I let a donut pass my lips, I'm going to want one every day for like the next month. You can have mine, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love donuts. I am hungry now. Now I am thinking of donus.

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails