Truthfully, I can't think of anything I've ever won. Now I'm really sad.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
I'm pretty sure I had relatives on both sides of the Civil War. Seriously. One relative on both sides. Never really did know whether he was a Yankee or a Rebel at heart. Since either side wanted to claim him, both sides shot him. It's the only thing Yankees and Southerners ever agreed on. (I'm making this up.)
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
The dictionary defines a patriot as someone who vigorously supports his country and its way of life. With that in mind, I feel patriotic when discussing the war on terrorism. Or illegal immigration. Or a mosque at Ground Zero. Or ...
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am the third of six. I don't think the birth order affected my personality. If I were older, I would have still been me as a child, but with more responsibilities. If I were younger in the pecking order, I still would have been me, but I would have gotten away with a lot more.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
I wanted to be a great cook like my Grandma. Hasn't happened yet, and I'm beginning to lose hope.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I'm a female and I choose a skirt, but I also always wear a shirt. People stare otherwise.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
It depends on what I take before I go to bed.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
"You work on commission, right? Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now!"
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Crunching leaves. Actually, I don't think a candle comes in that scent, but I love the smell of leaves when you're scuffing through them on the way home from school. I haven't experienced that smell any time recently since I'm no longer in school. And since I live in Florida. Palm tree fronds don't crunch.
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Enjoying weather that is not in the 90's. Gloat all you want to, Northerners. Give it a few weeks and you'll be moaning about the cold, and I'll--well, I'll probably still be complaining that it's too hot.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
My children obeyed me. When I got over the shock I was pleasantly surprised. While it lasted. Which it didn't. But still, for that moment ...
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
I met my in-laws two days before our wedding. The meeting went very well which was a good thing since it was a little late to cancel everything.