Friday, March 13, 2009

Say That Again?

Have you ever said something that sounded so different in your head than it did when it came out your mouth? I supposed that happens to all of us from time to time. (Please tell me I'm not the only one!) My problem is, lately I've been hearing things coming out of other people's mouths that I really wished sounded better. For instance ...

After hearing about some of the events in my rollercoaster life lately, I had one acquaintance tell me that hearing about my life made her life easier to handle.

I hope that sounded better in her head!

We're going as a family to spend a week with our daughter up at college. She said she wanted pizza while we were together. I said okay, any homecooked meals she had a longing for?

"No."

She hasn't been home in a year. Are my meals that forget-able?

This week at work they decided to put me in charge of quality control. "I think you're the right person for the job," my boss enthused. "You can polish up our reports because you've taught English. You've graded papers half your life. And you have a critical eye."

He might want to be careful. I have a critical tongue too.

The more I think about it, the more I realize there are three possibilities.

1. I'm being overly sensitive.

2. This sort of thing happens all the time, and it's just a coincidence that I noticed them happening so closely to each other.

3. Something about myself or my life just kind of invites this sort of thing.

There are also three solutions:

1. If I'm being overly sensitive, I can go eat chocolate.

2. If it's a coincidence, I can ignore it and go eat chocolate.

3. If I invite these comments, I can stuff cotton in my ears and go eat chocolate.

Which route do you think I should take?

4 comments:

  1. You are not the only one! It happens to me too, both the saying and the hearing of it. I think you should definitely go eat chocolate! :) After all, isn't chocolate the cure for everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should go and eat chocolate :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the chocolate. I told my 20 year old I was making his favorite meal for dinner and his response was "I have a favorite meal?"

    Kids, can't live with them, can't live with them.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Chocolate´s a cure??? Cool, I am gonna go eat chocolate! Of course sugar free for me! ;)

    This too shall pass right? But haven´t you been through a lot as a Missionary, Pastor´s wife? Isn´t your skin tough enough yet? I am sure you ask God that too.

    My Grandma always tells me to get tough skin. I told her it´s growing slow. I tend to take things so to heart.

    I am with you, let´s go eat chocolate! Great for the hormones too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails