For this week's Random Dozen, you're going to want to click here to go and read other bloggers' answers before you post your own. You were going to post your own, weren't you? Come on! It's fun!
1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?
Even numbers are important when you're talking about donuts and shoes. Odd numbers are my favorite when you're talking about having "just one more."
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?
Obviously the correct answer to this (as it is to almost any scale question) would be 5. Clearly, someone who claims not to be vain at all is fudging on the truth, and no one wants to be a 10 unless Carly Simon has written a song about them.
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered
You tell me. But remember I am part Irish and pay attention to that last choice.
4. How lucky do you consider yourself?
I'm lucky enough to have not gotten that second ticket that night, but unlucky enough to have gotten the first one. (That'll be a blog post next week. Am I whetting your appetite?)
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?
I wrote a series of posts about the last time I went to the dentist. Click on this link and then click on the "newer post" link at the bottom of the posts to read about stitches, way too much novocain and why I will never go to that dentist again. I don't know if it's my favorite post, but it was funny.
6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.
Sunny. Warm. Beautiful. (Don't hate me.)
7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)
It depends on how good the other person is at speaking it.
8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?
I think I'm more of a muddy brown.
9. What is your favorite song this week?
I've had no particular songs running through my head this week, but I've had a few nightmares in there.
10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?
Hey, I am not prejudiced. I will pick it up whether it's Baptist, Methodist or Episcopalian.
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."
That body is still lying in the bushes. (These are the jokes, people! Work with me!)
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? Seethis site to find out.
The #1 song was Summer in the City by Lovin' Spoonful, but I think it should have been Anticipation. I was a month late and my mother was more than ready for me to be born. My birth set a pattern and I haven't been on time since.
Head over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and join in this meme. You know you want to!