Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Linda is out this week, so we have a new hostess for this week's questions. You know the drill. Read my answers, then go here to copy the questions to your own blog. Or just to read lots of other people's answers. And now a random start--
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?
I love the blue skies and--wait. That happens all the time here. Okay, I like the warm temperatures and--oops, get that all year long, too. Well you can't beat seeing flowers in bloom or--you know, it's hard to know what season it is in paradise!
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day?
I set my clocks ahead fairly early in the evening Saturday night. I was still late to church on Sunday.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
I would plant rutabagas because I like to say rutabagas. It's a fun word. I have no idea what it's like as a vegetable.
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant?
I would plant kumquats and loquats for the same reason I plant rutabagas.
5. What is your least favorite insect?
Seriously, who has a favorite insect? And more importantly, why would I want to know that person?
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
Water has a day? Is that really fair? I mean, when is Chocolate Milk Day? That's a cause I could support.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
If the water's not safe to drink, why would you handle it? (And Uganda. We had a filter and we boiled water.)
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
I'll tell you if you tell me how many cups of coffee you drink per day. Seriously. Leave an answer in the comments. Or how much soda do you drink? (That's Coke or Pepsi-type products for those of you that call it "pop".)
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.
I get to see a magic show every single time I need help around the house. My kids disappear.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
Couldn't possibly. They're always wanting to stick you in a box and make you disappear, or they're laying you in a box and sawing you in half. I can't do that. I'm claustrophobic. Plus, most magicians "assistants" I've seen look beautiful and dumb. I can look beautiful and I can look dumb, but I've never been able to do both at the same time.
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite?
What I'd like to see is John Wayne in a gangster movie. Or a gangster in a western. Because then you'd have a comedy.
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?
I've had complaints that I don't really answer the random dozen questions, so I'm actually going to "answer" this one. (BTW, look at the words in blue. Those are answers.) I'd like to visit South Dakota and Montana. And as long as I was in the area, I'd like to swing through Idaho as well. Why? Because I've never been there. Didn't you read the question?
Well that was fun! Now hurry over to Southlakesmom and read some more answers! (Not everyone puts their answers in blue. Just wanted to warn you.)
Posted by Jill at 6:24 AM