The top o' the marnin' to ya! (Because really, who wants the bottom of the morning?) Sure and it's time for the Irish Random. Read through my answers and then go to Lid's at 2nd Cup of Coffee and link up with your own.
1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
If you usually read my random answers (and really, who doesn't?) then you know that often I pick a "5" on a number scale. However, this time I can honestly say I am a 0. Seriously. I'm not superstitious. I'll walk under a ladder, I'll let a black cat cross my path and I never throw salt over my shoulder. I'm not very coordinated and I think the granules would probably accidentally go down my collar and that would be very irritating.
2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?
Childbirth. I'm an expert.
3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?
If you peeked in on me like a leprechaun, then I'd smack you in the head and steal claim your pot of gold. Then I'd pay someone to blog for me.
4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?
I was really late for my own birth. My mother carried me for ten months. The woman was a saint.
5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?
The end of these freezing cold temperatures. Really, I can't take this fifty degree weather much longer.
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
My eyes are green. Does that count?
7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?
The mind of a male. I live with six of them, and I still can't figure out why they do the things they do.
8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?
I think it's behaving more like a cat. Arrogantly unconcerned with what I want, and in no hurry to move along.
9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?
I would spend my time figuring out how to fit thirteen hours on the face of a clock. I'd make a fortune!
10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?
I'm assuming this material item would be on top of the gold in the pot. Because seriously, what good is a pot of gold without any gold?
11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.
It's first thing in the morning, and I can't help but think that I take my bed for granted. I don't visit it near enough. I really feel I should curl up and spend some more time with it this morning.
12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here(www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!
I'm sure this is all very scientifically calculated based on my gender and the number of letters in my name. The first time I checked I was Zaira Flynn. Then I was my cousin, Eimear Flynn. And finally I was a singer named Zoe Carroll. I thought Jill was hard to live with because of that oh so not funny, "Where's Jack" joke. But seriously I think I got a deal compared to some of these monikers. Is Eimear even a real name?
See? That didn't hurt a bit! Now hurry over to Lid's before you miss out on something fun!