Thursday, July 8, 2010

Clarifications, Screams and Other Things

I don't often do a "random" post, other than the Random Dozen posts, because I'm not good at it like Taylor is over at the Lumberjack's Wife. Joyce at From This Side of the Pond is also very good at random. Me, not so much. But I have a bunch of things to cover, and I don't think any of them rate their own post, so here we go:

1. Taylor at the Lumberjack's Wife gave me an award. And here it is:


That's right, folks. I have a blog with substance. Taylor says so. Go say hi to Taylor. Make sure you say, "Holla!"

2. Based on some of the comments from my hairstyle post, I think I need to clarify a few things:

*I don't think pastors' wives have to be boring.
*If I thought my hairstyle was boring, I would change it.
*I don't think there's anything wrong with looking sexy for your husband.
*I don't think "sexy" is the right look to work towards in general. Attractive? Sure. Good looking? Perfectly fine. Knock-out gorgeous? Absolutely.
*I don't think I achieve any of the above looks. But I'm NOT boring!

3. The other day, early in the morning my husband startled me and I let loose with a bloodcurdling scream.

4. There were six other males in the house, and not one of them came to see why I screamed.

5. I actually went out of the bedroom and into the hallway to see if any of said males were lingering around anywhere, or heading in my direction to rescue me.

6. No males were in sight.

7. I guess my safety is up to me.

8. Good thing I am armed.

9. I scolded my ten year old the other day for burping in public.

10. His reply? "In some countries, that's considered a compliment."

11. I'm not sure who or what he was complimenting. I told him as long as we're in the U.S. it's rude.

12. Sometime ago (I'm blushing that I've put this off for so long) Cathy at Tales of the TCKK Family gave me an I Love Your Blog Award:



Thank you, Cathy! Since this post is already getting long, I will list the ten things I love tomorrow. In the meantime, go see Cathy and say hi!

And that's all I have for today. Have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. I think boys/men assume we 'overreact' so they don't feel the need to investigate. My girls on the other hand would have come running. They may not have been much help once they got there but they'd definitely come running.

    Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar experience only yesterday! I screamed and no one seemed to care. Makes you wonder . .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking me up with this one. You mean not even one of them checked on you! lol

    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *snort* Jill! I can't explain why, but $3 (and #4 and #5) has me gut laughing. Hilarious, especially because you relay it so casually.

    Happy weekend, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really funny! I wish I lived in Florida so we could hang out and laugh together in person.

    So why did you NOT really need a male to come to your rescue? I'm glad you're armed, because it seems you'll have no backup. ;-)

    Oh, and I don't think you or your hair is boring AT ALL.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails