1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
I think 8 is a good age. You're old enough to read, dress yourself and take care of your own bathroom needs, but you're also young enough to have more playtime than work time, and it's still okay to whine or cry once in a while.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
Well I like my pyrex rectangular dish with the green lid ... oh, wait! You meant the actual food? Okay, I'd have to say Italian meatloaf--meatloaf stuffed with pepperoni and mozarella cheese, topped with pizza sauce. Add a side of smashed potatoes and nobody can resist it.
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
Stop holding my breath.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
Does rolling on the floor laughing count?
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
I dream of being a realist.
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
Given birth. I've done it six times now, and I'm practically an expert. I'm thinking of starting a consulting business.
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Aunt Bea's pickles.
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
I think 5 is a good number to give on any scale. You're acknowledging you're not an expert, but you're also showing that you're not an idiot with your head in the sand. I'm going to go with 5.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
I'm an impatient driver, and I have a lot of pet peeves. One of the worst is when someone who is advanced in age gets in the left lane and goes five miles under the speed limit. I live in Florida. It happens more than you can imagine.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
I'm best represented by an entire box of crayons. I could never settle for just one color.
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
A cougar. He's not flashy like a tiger or dominating like a lion. Neither is he sneaky like a panther. He's simply his own man and the best at who he is and what he does. (Brownie points today, baby!)
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
If you'd like to join in and do your own Random Dozen, then click the link at the top of the post!