1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
Well obviously the correct answer for this question would be a 5. Any less of a number and people are going to think you have too high an opinion of yourself. Any higher of an answer would be ... well, embarrassing. But in truth, I think I could say that some days I'm a 2 and some days I'm a 10. On the days I'm a 10 I also require a lot of chocolate.
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
I guess that depends on whether I think they are expecting an answer from me or not. Most of the time I try to really listen. Almost half the stuff that comes to my brain does not come out my mouth. (I consider that to be a triumph since that percentage used to be a lot lower!)
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
I'm definitely planning on sweeping the floor sometime this month.
And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
I have a few bottles of perfume that are very old and have probably lost all their scent. I don't usually wear perfume. For fifteen straight years I had babies and/or toddlers that I carried around on a regular basis. I have always believed that babies should smell like babies and I hated it when I got my baby out of the nursery and he smelled like Chanel No. 5. (Or a generic version thereof.) So I didn't wear perfume so that I would not incorrectly "scent" my babies with something a little too old for them. Plus, I mostly had boys and I can only imagine what it would have done to their little psyches if they spent their formative years smelling floral.
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
I have no tips because I'm not that organized. I did organize our vitamins in alphabetical order this year and I think that will satisfy any organizational yearnings I have until 2012.
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
Peanuts wins hands down. We used to have several books of their comic strips when we were growing up. I remember my mom reading them and laughing out loud through most of them. I feel the same way. They're timeless.
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
We actually have eight pillows on our bed with varying degrees of fluffiness. I sleep with three because my husband always steals the extra one.
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
My kitchen is red and brown. I chose those colors because I like them. (duh)
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
This week I saw a vehicle that had an "Obama/Biden 08" bumper sticker on the right. On the left it had a bumper sticker that said, "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
I have no expensive writing tools, but I am particular about what kind of pens I use. I don't want some cheapie pen that leaks all over my hands. I also don't like real skinny pens. I like bics with a finger grip. And I don't like writing in blue ink. (I have no idea why, so don't ask!)
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
Ummm, it's a chore. That's work. I don't enjoy work. I don't think it's healthy.
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
My mom was the epitome of a lady, and she was always telling me, "that's not ladylike" for just about everything I did. The saying still applies all too often.
If you'd like to enjoy some more random answers to random questions, click the link at the top of the post!