Thursday, January 7, 2010
Joyce at From This Side of the Pond gave me the Happy 101 award! I absolutely love getting awards. I'd like to thank my husband and my wonderful children and all the little people that made this possible. (Sorry. It's award season and I got carried away.) Anyway, this award is given to someone who brightens your day. I think that's an awfully nice thing to say about someone! When accepting this award I'm supposed to post 10 things that make me happy and try to make at least one of them part of my day today. Then I'm to pass the award on to 10 bloggers who brighten my day.
So here's ten things that make me happy (in no particular order):
1. Peanut M-M's. They make me very happy right up until they give me a horrible sugar headache. We have a love-hate relationship.
2. Comments on my blog always make me happy. It means someone liked what I wrote ... or ... it means they want me to come visit their blog, but whatever! Comments make me happy!
3. A great looking pair of shoes. In lots of different colors.
4. My husband makes me happy. (Most of the time.)
5. My kids make me happy. (Most of the time.)
6. A really good plot twist that no one could possibly see coming makes me happy, whether I'm writing it or reading it in someone else's writing.
7. Losing weight makes me happy. I've lost some, but not enough to make me absolutely ecstatic.
8. Taking the boat out on the lake makes me happy. I love when our whole family is together in the boat. What fun!
9. Cold weather makes me happy. For those of you in the midwest, I don't mean below zero temperatures. I mean the 50's we get down here in Florida in the winter. (Stop complaining! This list is supposed to be making me happy, not you!)
10. Getting the rest of my Christmas decorations taken down and put away would make me very happy! Maybe today????????
And now to give the award to ten blogging friends who brighten my day ...
Five Moms and A Blog always make me laugh.
Nan at Moms the Word is how I found Five Moms and a Blog. Whether she's being profound, witty or thoughtful, I always enjoy what she has to say.
Rachel at A Future Pastor's Wife. Rachel is a great writer who makes everything interesting.
Nina at Portugal Bound gives a close up view of life on the mission field. She's witty, she's funny and I love going to visit her blog.
Erica in Scottsville. Another author from Five Moms and a Blog, Erica has a wonderful blog and absolutely fabulous pictures.
Dani Joy at Taking the Gospel to Gijon. Another missionary, Dani Joy's enthusiasm for life and the people of Spain is very contagious.
FringeGirl at The Domestic Fringe. What a great writer! Unless she's being profound, just about everything Fringegirl writes makes me laugh out loud. I never miss a post!
Sass at Interpret Sass. She's always fun to be around and I love her take on things.
Katie at The Baby Factory. Life with three boys under the age of two. There's always something going on this blog!
If you chose to accept this award, then you are supposed to link back to me and then do the 10 happy things and 10 bloggers that brighten your day. No pressure, though, if you don't want to. You can just leave the award sitting there on the stage. Forgotten. Alone. Rejected.
I won't take it personally. : )