Monday, August 9, 2010

Sidewalks and Shaving

Two of my friends informed me this weekend that they wanted to take me out for some fun because my birthday is next week. They were going to surprise me, but they thought I might want advance notice so I could shave my legs.

Okay, did that statement make you do a doubletake? Possibly wonder about my hygiene habits?

Me too.

Now for the record, I do not save shaving for special occasions. I take care of that little task often enough that I've never been tempted to braid the hair on my legs. Turns out they wanted to take me for a pedicure. I can't wait, and I have no problem with being hairless that day. (On my legs, anyway.)

Also yesterday, we pulled into the church parking lot before Sunday School, and the rather sad state of the church yard reminded me that we got another letter from the Yard Nazis Homeowners' Association about the state of our own yard.

"Boys," I said. "You're going to have to take care of the yard this week. We got a letter from the HOA saying we have a lot of weeds growing out of our cracks."

Another doubletake? Sad to say, I didn't even catch what I had said until the boys erupted into hysterical laughter. Then they agreed that the HOA was taking their responsibilities way too seriously and were crossing the line into personal issues.

Just to be clear, we have weeds in the cracks of our sidewalks. None of us personally have weed issues.

Although, if we did, I wouldn't want to know.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to know either!

    Summer is the season for pedicure's. My friend and I went last Thursday and it was wonderful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun time out with friends! And I am so glad you don't have weeds in your crack. :) Ok. That was wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails