I can't remember what number this is. Actually, it's eight over at 2nd Cup of Coffee, but I didn't get to participate in all of them so I don't know how many it is for me. Feel free to answer some of these in your comments, or click the link and link to your own blog.
1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
I loved it until someone sent me a bag in a care package while I was at college. I ate the whole bag, was violently ill and didn't touch it again for years. Now I'm back to temptation, but the sugar headache I get isn't worth it.
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
My librarian and I aren't speaking at the moment. For my spouse, he had someone push him in front of me. When we ran into each other he apologized and then asked me out. He asked for each of the four next days until I agreed. Stubborn guy.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
Absolutely not and I feel the need to eat a steak just because you asked. Thanks a lot.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
You've got to be kidding me. I can barely get myself dressed in regular clothes. My pets don't usually even wear a collar.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
I miss The Kids from Caper. It was a Saturday morning show (not a cartoon) with four cool looking guys who drove a van called the Big Bologna. They dealt with ridiculous crimes such as when everyone thought they were turning into hot dogs. (I am not making this up.) And yes, I am a little pathetic.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
I won trophies in Awana every year. And then if you finished your memory book three years in a row, you won a Timotheous award. If you did your memory book six years in a row, you won a bigger trophy called the Meritorious Award. My church stopped doing Awana the year I would have earned my Meritorious, and I'm still a little bitter.
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
When I lived up north we played it the first time we saw a snowflake, even if it was only one. when I moved to Alabama, I started playing it when the weather turned cooler. Now I just start sometime in October and forget the weather. I might play some today.
8. What's your favorite board game?
I like Balderdash, but I can rarely find someone who will play with me. My husband says it's suspicious that I do so well at a game that involves lying. I also like Scattergories, Dutch Blitz and Rook.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
Surprised with roses or a nice gift? Excellent. Surprised by coming home to find that my husband repainted the entire house without discussing the color with me? Not so much.
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
Have I done something to offend you?
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Glade's apple cinnamon. I love the way it makes my house smell.
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
I couldn't possibly list everything on the menu, but I would have ham rolls, hankie pankie (yes, that's a food!) and stuffed mushrooms. I would serve a fruit punch that included some Dole's pineapple, orange, banana juice for a kick. I (or my husband) would show them the deer heads he has mounted on the wall. Matt could show his latest paintings. Luke would show some gymnastic moves. Paul would discuss the latest book he's read, Joel would tell a few jokes, and Nicky would show the latest fort they built with their gigantic hand-carved lincoln log set. As for me? Well, hey, look back at the table of appetizers again. That's accomplishment enough for anybody, isn't it?
If you would like to participate in Random Dozen, or you'd like to read other people's crazy answers, click on the button at the top of the post!