Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random Dozen



I missed the last couple of lists, so I wanted to make sure I participated in this one!

1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?

Okay, are you saying that anything I buy for me is splurging? Because I just don't think that's fair. Splurging to one person is necessity to another. Who are you to say I don't need that pedicure?

2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea who Hall and Oats are. As for creativity? Well, I write books. Does that count? Except I can't post them here. But I'm extremely envious of people who can do crafty things around their house. I have trouble arranging my furniture attractively.

3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?

I think the size of my house is just right. As for layout or function, I could think of a few improvements, but since it's the biggest house we've ever lived in, listing those improvements would seem downright ungrateful. So I'm gonna go with just right. Unless the three bears are around here somewhere ...

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?

Okay, in the first place I live with a husband and five boys. If there's an outside chore that I need to tackle personally, well that's just not right. In the second place, we're talking about chores. I might have a "least disliked" one, but I don't think I have a favorite in that department.

5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?

Absolutely not! They're gross and disgusting. Now excuse me while I go take my diet pills.

6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?

I want to start out riding. I usually fall asleep very quickly from all the nights of little sleep while I was working to get everything together for this road trip. Then, later, I want to drive. Except when I'm traveling with Terry and Matt. They criticize every little lane change and every bump I go over. (Hey! There can be lots of bumps on the interstate if you look for them!)

7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?

I think reality TV is a trivial pursuit. What does it say for us as a society when we get our "best" entertainment from watching total strangers forced into a situation together and see each of them reduced to their lowest and most base form? In a lot of ways I think it can be called Depravity TV. Now help me down from my soapbox so I don't twist my ankle.

8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?

With a movie I'll give it the first half hour or so. With a book, the first couple of chapters. There are exceptions though. If I'm at someone's house and they say, "You just have to watch this movie!", then I'll politely sit through it and try not to fall asleep.

9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?

Okay, still don't know who Hall and Oats are. I can't think of a song I'm embarrassed to know, but I do know a song I absolutely hate. That would be the theme from the movie, The Rescuers. The song that goes, "R-e-s-c-u-e. Rescue Aid Society." Because if I hear it, it gets stuck in my head for hours. I have actually woken up in the middle of the night and discovered that song in my head. It's enough to make me kill someone, so stop singing it, you guys. I'm serious! Knock it off! Do I have to come over there and hurt you?

10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?

I got a lot more spontaneous since I married Indiana Jones! But seriously, I think I can be pretty spontaneous in that all kinds of wild and crazy ideas pop into my head. But then I start thinking of all the steps and means needed to do this idea properly, and then I realize that we're missing some of the key ingredients to making this spontaneity happen in the right way and so we'll put it off until we're better prepared. Okay, I guess I'm a 0.

11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?

I absolutely refuse to eat at White Castle or Krystals. And I think that statement explains itself.

12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.)

Are you kidding? I can't even control the remote control. I can't even control my hair. I have no control over anything, and I know it.

For more Random Dozen, visit Linda @ 2nd Cup!

1 comment:

  1. HI...it was fun reading your answers. I've got Indiana's twin brother at my house : )

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails