Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Son, The Alien

Paul had to be an alien during our skits last week. Actually, he had a challenging dual role. He had to be a green alien on Monday, a blue alien on Wednesday and back to a green alien on Thursday.


I got the antennae for a dollar each. And the ears were $3.95. An alien for less than five bucks.


For the body paint, I found a recipe on the internet. Coldcream, cornstarch and food coloring. I mixed it up in the morning and slathered it on him. Not only did he turn colors, but his skin is now very soft and supple!


On Wednesday the people in the skit ended up on Saturn. Everyone there wears rings, you know.
Paul had the time of his life. This was the first year he was too old to be a student in VBS, but I think he had just as much (if not more) fun being a helper. And in case you're worried, the body paint washed right off. As did the colored hairspray.

Tomorrow's Post: Happy friends and co-workers. And a little peek at the behind the scenes happenings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is funny.

    I was wondering how was it that it had been so long since you posted last... I guess you were posting.. it was just not showing in my blog... :)

    Now I have a lot of catching up to do :)

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails