We've lived in Florida for a little over a year now, and I'm still constantly surprised by how happy and contented we are here. Of course, if you're following God's leading, you can be happy anywhere, even Alaska, although I'm glad He's not called us there.
But at that, there are certain lessons I've learned in paradise, and I thought I'd share them with you today.
1. I never have to wear stockings again.
2. It's a good idea to keep your sports equipment in your vehicle at all times. You never know when you'll get a chance to go play. (My tennis racquet is in my trunk.)
3. Sunburned people are most likely tourists.
4. Girls wearing Micky Mouse ears with a veil are most likely tourists on their honeymoon.
5. When people say the West Coast, they mean Tampa, not California.
6. Keep your patio door closed unless you want lizards in your house.
7. Alligators don't always stay in the lakes.
8. You can go all year without turning on your furnace, but don't ever let your air conditioner go out.
9. Sunglasses and windshield shades are not a luxury.
10. Love bugs are almost as annoying as mosquitoes.
I've learned more than this, but I know the value of a top-ten list so I'll stop there. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a tennis match to play.