Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Family Day

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day yesterday. In addition to remembering the ones who died preserving our freedoms, we also spent some much needed family time together. We went out on our boat for a couple of hours, which is always a lot of fun. Last year Hurricane Fay raised water levels to the point that no boats were allowed on Lake Monroe or the St. John's River for most of the summer, so we missed being out there. The only drawback is, I'm radioactive red this morning. We weren't out there that long, but it was still enough to make me look like a lobster. I don't think it's bad enough to peel (except possibly my forehead) so maybe this will be the start of my summer tan.
Later on in the afternoon we grilled hamburgers, hotdogs and brats. And we also had the requisite watermelon. It's been a long time since all of us took some time from work, church duties and schooling to just spend time together. All in all it was an awesome day.
How did you spend Memorial Day?
By the way, I'll try to post a picture or two later, after my camera finishes charging.

1 comment:

  1. I was just going to say I was hoping for a family photo but since you mention you were going to post some I won´t say anything ;)

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails