Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This Doesn't Make Sense

I was at Target the other day when I came across this picture for sale. It caught my eye at first because we have an outer space theme for our upcoming VBS this year, so I'm kind of tuned in for anything I come across that's "space-y". This was in their art aisle, and it was forty dollars. If you look closely at it, it looks like a kid's painting of the solar system. It actually looks like something a kid would have to do for a science project.
Behind it was another picture of the same type, but that one was covered in flowers. Again, forty dollars. Again, kids' art project.
Why would someone buy something like this? If you wanted to decorate, say a kid's room or a play room, and you wanted to use art that looks like a kid did it, why wouldn't you use your own kid's art? I have yet to ever see a child that didn't draw tons of pictures. And surely paint and canvas are cheaper than forty dollars for one kid-quality painting.
Plus, what message does that send to your child? "We want to decorate it with children's art projects, but yours is so bad we had to spend forty dollars on a painting that looked like a kid did it instead. Enjoy."
I just don't get it. I guess what I'm saying is, why would someone buy this unless they were going to use it in an area for children? And if they have an area for children, why wouldn't they use a child's own pictures? I mean, if this was the decorating route they were taking.
Someone help me out here. 'Splain it to me.

3 comments:

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails