1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
Interesting lead off question, but as a matter of fact, I've not only done both, but I own several firearms, and I'm licensed to carry a concealed weapon. The question is, am I carrying one now?
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
I know where Jason is. He was my imaginary friend. He was gorgeous. Still is, as a matter of fact. As for my real childhood friends, I not only know where most of them are, but thanks to facebook, they know where I am too. Not real sure if that's a good thing.
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Can you guess?
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Okay, when are people going to realize there is a Middle America? I've never been to either New York or California. I am a nice normal girl from the Midwest, who's also lived in the south. And I carry a gun. Deal with it.
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
I use the Indiana Jones theme song as the ring tone for when my husband calls. If you knew him, you'd understand.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
I'm personally fond of the chocolate chip. It's very versatile in that it can be used in a cookie or in ice cream. I'm also fond of the chip on the shoulder as long as I'm the one using it.
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
The Dick Van Dyke show. The comedy was dead on in every episode, the laughs are timeless, and the acting was subtle. You just can't get any better than that. I think second to that would be the Cosby Show. Who doesn't love Bill Cosby?
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
I cut my own hair when we lived in Uganda. I let the rest of my hair grow, but I had to have bangs because I looked stupid without them. (I also looked stupid with the rest of my hair growing wildly, but we won't get into that.) Since I had have rather unmanageable curls, I would pull everything back into a headband, and then cut whichever strands of hair were hanging down in my eyes. It worked for me, but then I didn't get out much either.
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
If I were doing the house, I'd add a room or two and put in a pool. If I were doing a makeover on myself, I'd remove a few things. And none of your business what those things are!
10. Are you allergic to anything?
I am allergic to mangoes. I'm also allergic to a particular antibiotic, but I won't mention the exact one. It gave me hives from head to foot and made my entire face swell up until I resembled an extra from Planet of the Apes. And no, I did not take pictures.
11. Why is it so hard to change?
Because now that we've realized what he's really like, we refuse to give in to his radical ideas for remaking America. What? Well what do you mean this wasn't a political question?
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
Boy is that deep! How about this one? Love is giving up possession of the remote control.
Don't forget to link up and get some more great answers to this random dozen!