Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another Word for Random

And once again we're at Wednesday which means we're ready for a Random Dozen questions.  After you read my answers, go on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and link up with your own! Or leave some in your comments. Or do both. (But you absolutely have to leave comments. Why wouldn't you want to leave a comment? While you're thinking about that, here's the list:


1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
Interesting lead off question, but as a matter of fact, I've not only done both, but I own several firearms, and I'm licensed to carry a concealed weapon. The question is, am I carrying one now?


2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
I know where Jason is. He was my imaginary friend. He was gorgeous. Still is, as a matter of fact. As for my real childhood friends, I not only know where most of them are, but thanks to facebook, they know where I am too. Not real sure if that's a good thing.

3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Can you guess?

4. Are you more of a New York or California type?

Okay, when are people going to realize there is a Middle America? I've never been to either New York or California. I am a nice normal girl from the Midwest, who's also lived in the south. And I carry a gun. Deal with it.

5. Do you have a special ring tone?

I use the Indiana Jones theme song as the ring tone for when my husband calls. If you knew him, you'd understand. 

6. What is your favorite type of chip?

I'm personally fond of the chocolate chip. It's very versatile in that it can be used in a cookie or in ice cream. I'm also fond of the chip on the shoulder as long as I'm the one using it. 

7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....

The Dick Van Dyke show. The comedy was dead on in every episode, the laughs are timeless, and the acting was subtle. You just can't get any better than that.  I think second to that would be the Cosby Show.  Who doesn't love Bill Cosby?

8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"

I cut my own hair when we lived in Uganda. I let the rest of my hair grow, but I had to have bangs because I looked stupid without them. (I also looked stupid with the rest of my hair growing wildly, but we won't get into that.) Since I had have rather unmanageable curls, I would pull everything back into a headband, and then cut whichever strands of hair were hanging down in my eyes. It worked for me, but then I didn't get out much either.

9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?

If I were doing the house, I'd add a room or two and put in a pool. If I were doing a makeover on myself, I'd remove a few things. And none of your business what those things are!

10. Are you allergic to anything?

I am allergic to mangoes. I'm also allergic to a particular antibiotic, but I won't mention the exact one. It gave me hives from head to foot and made my entire face swell up until I resembled an extra from Planet of the Apes. And no, I did not take pictures.

11. Why is it so hard to change?

Because now that we've realized what he's really like, we refuse to give in to his radical ideas for remaking America. What? Well what do you mean this wasn't a political question?

12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic. 

Boy is that deep! How about this one? Love is giving up possession of the remote control.


Don't forget to link up and get some more great answers to this random dozen!




8 comments:

  1. I had forgotten the motto of the presidential race. Yeah I wonder some times how many of them that voted for him is still agreeing we need change. True we need change but we need the change that can only come from God. Love your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #11-Good one! : )

    I just cannot believe I forgot the wonderfulness known as the chocolate chip.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and nice to "meet" you! Wow, missionaries to Uganda. How long? I have been on one missions trip and that was to Honduras several years ago. Quite the experience and an eye opener.

    Love your answers! Looking forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm new to Random Dozen and I hopped over to "meet" you. I love your answers--I love person with a quick wit! I checked out your blog and loved your other posts, too. So nice to meet you--I'll be back...Kathy (from Reflections...by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Pastor's wife who carries a gun. I think that may be the smartest thing I've ever heard!! I'm getting a visual...I LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your answer to #12! A concealed weapons permit? My son just got one and I'll be honest it scares me to death. The only reason it does, though, is cause of my issue with loud noises...which I explained in my answers today. Enjoyed my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post...

    That southern town I found is Mount Dora! Have you been there? I just love that place. Maybe we can hop on over there one day and have tea?

    I am actually thinking of getting a hand gun. I grew up in the country and was a great shot on my 22 rifle. ; )

    Choc chip...love that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your answers! Still laughing at # 1 and #4. Love you sense of humor!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete

Well don't just stand there! Say something! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails